Where's the (N)?

Harry

Is the Delta Performing better than the Nancy?

This week yes! Yesterday and today I watched two (D)s pass me by. With the (W) running on the 4 Av local, you get to 36 St and have to wait anyway. Last week the (N) was great. The (N) and (D) were running about the same.

What is it with the (N) Manhattan bound this week? Two days in a row lagging along. Thank god tomorrow is the last day of work for this week.

DOT doing work on the Bridge so they have Flagging set up..

Also New Train Operators are out and most of em are dragging the road..

Wouldn't they be flagging both sides/routes of the bridge effecting the D and N?

They did that in the Summer with the Bravo and Delta Side, lots of fun that way 10 mph over most of that Bridge isnt cool..

NOW its the Nancy's and Quincy's turn to drag, also they have been having signal problems on that side quite a few times now..

It must be a thorough ride.

Please excuse my ignorance but could you or any of the T/O's explain the flagging process a little.

I will give you a quick rundown beacuse explaining it with the various forms can be nuts..

Two yellow laterns or flags coming into the area, you better be doing 10 mph when you are passing those yellow lanterns or flags..

A flagger with a with a red lantern with a portable trip(you hit it big trouble) 150 feet away from the work area, you may encounter more flaggers in the work area also..

10 mph through the entire area...

A green resume lantern or flag when you are cleared from the work area at least 650 feet away..

Again this morning the (N) was no where to be found on 36 St. I boarded a (D) to Pacific St stepped off looked down the tunnel and didn't see the (N) behind it. Decided to board an (R) at Pacific and stepped off at DeKalb Av and prayed a (Q) would arrive before the (N) express bypassed DeKalb. The (Q) arrived and the (N) still wasn't in sight. Made it to work 3 minutes late.

Again this morning the (N) was no where to be found on 36 St. I boarded a (D) to Pacific St stepped off looked down the tunnel and didn't see the (N) behind it. Decided to board an (R) at Pacific and stepped off at DeKalb Av and prayed a (Q) would arrive before the (N) express bypassed DeKalb. The (Q) arrived and the (N) still wasn't in sight. Made it to work 3 minutes late.

You can always count on the Q!

Speaking of the (N)ancy, is the (Q)uincy terminating at 57th Street and/or Rockefeller Center the reason she stops at 49th Street?

Yes...

No need to plug up A3 and A4 tracks at 57th Street with a Nancy train..

Unless its a Lay-Up which there are 3 if im correct..

Also remember they have Slow Speed Orders up on the Sea Beach Line i think..

Due to Mother Nature's leaves falling down with those R160's and R68's, which will slide in a nano-second you dont want to take a chance..

Speaking of the (N)ancy, is the (Q)uincy terminating at 57th Street and/or Rockefeller Center the reason she stops at 49th Street?

Rockefeller Center is on 6th Avenue, the stop being 47/50 Streets.

But ya, its just so that the (Q) can go smoothly in and out of 57th. Once the (Q) gets extended past 57th, the (N) can probably just keep going on the express tracks all the way to 57th.

• 2 weeks later...
Rockefeller Center is on 6th Avenue, the stop being 47/50 Streets.

But ya, its just so that the (Q) can go smoothly in and out of 57th. Once the (Q) gets extended past 57th, the (N) can probably just keep going on the express tracks all the way to 57th.

I agree. The 42nd switchover delays the Broadway lines. The (N)ancy behaved this week, so far.:D

Archived