Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

JFK Airport Shuttle bus?

Does anyone know if the JFK free shuttle buses still operate from the (A) JFK station to the terminals? I know the Airtrain is there but when i pass buy, i see some buses around the Station one called Hertz or sumin

I believe those go to the parking lots at Lefferts Blvd & Federal Circle, but I could be wrong.

Maybe someone can confirm but i also think the PA shuttle buses within both Newark and JFK are for employees only as well besides limited service to parking lots not served by the airtrains.

I know theres an shuttle bus system that runs in JFK and uses Orion VIIs (both OG and NGs) and has a blue paint scheme. However IDK if it goes to the (A) train station or not. There NGs don't run in service yet theres a whole bunch of them in the yard next to there little toy bus Depot within the airport. If you busfan the Q10 that route goes past the PA Bus Depot.

EDIT heres a crappy pic of an JFK Airport shuttle bus taken from the Q10...

DSCN0964.jpg

Edited by trainfan22

The busses only go around the airport, and every once in a while they will go between airports, usually OOS.

- A

These shuttle buses serve the long term parking lots as well as the JFK cargo area. A few of them connect to AirTrain at the Federal Circle station.

I didn't know that the Port Authority had Orion VII NG HEVs. Oh well -- another thing to look for...

These shuttle buses serve the long term parking lots as well as the JFK cargo area. A few of them connect to AirTrain at the Federal Circle station.

I didn't know that the Port Authority had Orion VII NG HEVs. Oh well -- another thing to look for...

They also have articulated.

- A

Since the Airtrain started, the Port Authority discontinued running the free shuttle buses from the Howard Beach JFK Station to the JFK terminals.

It used to be the cheapest, (and during heavy rush hour traffic sometimes the fastest), way to get from Manhattan to JFK.

Nowadays, the cheap alternative is to use a Metrocard transfer from the E or F train to the Q10 bus at Kew Gardens. However, the Q10 is a long and crowded ride and unless you can hold your luggage on your lap or under your seat, not practical for air travelers, only commuters. You could also connect to the Q10 from the J at 121 street or the A at Lefferts, but would have a lesser chance of getting a seat.