R38 V train???

blkfire765

hi! i was just wondering if there was ever a R38 (V) train as i found a photo showing a R38 signed as a (V)...

the photo is on this website if you wanna check it out....

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?36468

was it in service as a (V) or a wrong sign....sorry if this has already been discussed....i do think it would have been cool for the (V) to have had R38 cars running....

That is one good-looking R38 (V) train! Lol

The (V) borrowed some of the ©'s equipment during the Chambers Street signal fire. Of course, I do wish the R38s would have ventured onto other lines, like the Eastern Division tracks, than just on the (A) and (C).

I think it's an out of service train. The V relays at 2nd Avenue, I don't think it would be logical for one to be turning at York St.

The image caption notes that it was taken in January of 2005, right when the (C) service was knocked out for a few months. The (V) used the ©s equipment at this time, so I doubt that the train would be OOS. The image was taken on a Tuesday (yes, I went back in time...lol) and the (V) runs on weekdays only.

The (V) borrowed some of the ©'s equipment during the Chambers Street signal fire. Of course, I do wish the R38s would have ventured onto other lines, like the Eastern Division tracks, than just on the (A) and (C).

It is. I knew that photographer and he took some great pics of the V on Fulton st. So you are correct.

I too have a pic of an R38 on the V in Queens Blvd. It's also up on Dave's site.

It is. I knew that photographer and he took some great pics of the V on Fulton st. So you are correct.

I too have a pic of an R38 on the V in Queens Blvd. It's also up on Dave's site.

Credit to the late Dante Angerville for this pic, as well as many more. RIP Dante.

I think it's an out of service train. The V relays at 2nd Avenue, I don't think it would be logical for one to be turning at York St.

Train was in service replacing (C) to Euclid during Fire of Chambers

but damn the (V) looks gd! I miss the R38!!!! The good old days!!

That train was an in-service train. Everybody should know why that happened.

Side note: The person who took that photograph is no longer with us.

isnt dante the one who passwd away from TTMG team?

he must of been young im guessing since i saw sumin about him on TTMG on facebook cant remember, RIP of course..

He was 20 at the time of his death if I'm correct. It was all over SubChat when the news broke.

Yup I never had the privilege of meeting him but from what I heard from others he was a real "character" in a good way and could make anyone laugh...he was willing to laugh at himself too and never took things too serious...he also took VERY good photographs and had a purpose to each shot he took which made for some very original ideas...

Like I said never met him unfortunately but not enough like him in "the hobby"...

I remember in threads with pics, he would do a pic by pic critique. I remember he would have some weird transit dreams too (i.e. a PATCO train at 96 Street-Broadway on a low level platform, and some other weird stuff). If you have ever came across that "Farewell to the (9)" vid on Youtube, he made that as well.

Agreed. I hated the fact that the (NYCT) never sent the R38s to any interesting lines before their untimely demise. I started riding the subways regularly starting in September of 2005. If the R-38s had gone on any lines other than the (A) and (C) after that point, and up to March 18th of this year, I would have been most pleased

Damn what yr was this, how did he died tho. Thats sad! At a very young age... Never meet him tho..

He died in Spring of 2007. Here's the link to SubChat where the news surfaced: http://www.subchat.com/otchat/read.asp?Id=207035

Agreed. I hated the fact that the (NYCT) never sent the R38s to any interesting lines before their untimely demise. I started riding the subways regularly starting in September of 2005. If the R-38s had gone on any lines other than the (A) and (C) after that point, and up to March 18th of this year, I would have been most pleased

Same here. It sucks when one of your favorite fleets are situated on one line and one line only because if you want to check out the fleet, you have to travel a distance to check it out! :mad:

Archived