Huge Subway Project

Daniel The Cool

I'm trying to do an important project and I have 2 questions on part of it?

How many R160s sets are on the (Q) Cause I wanna do video run on it between W 57th Street and 14th Street Union Square?

How many R32s sets are on the (A) Cause I wanna run on it between W 125th Street and W 42nd Street?

What are the best time to go hunt for those also?

You should ride the R32 (A) out to the end of the line (Lefferts or Rockaway) depending on the train. The Queens segment is more fun to ride than the Manhattan segment.

There's only about 2-3 R32s on the (A) so you will spend some time waiting for them, so when you get it I suggest you make the most out of it and ride it all the way. Best time to wait for them will be rush hour, though midday shouldn't be too bad either.

R68's on the (Q) - I think it varies but usually you don't have to wait very long to get one. The (Q) seems to be at least half R160 most of the time.

You will have plenty of R160's on the (Q)

As for R32's on the (A), Your best bet is Weekends and rush hours, For now the (A) has 2 trainsets, By the Fall the (A) should have 3 Trainsets again for a breif time, IF I were you I would ride the R32's on the (A) NOW, Because when the (C) goes 10 cars the won't be on the (A) no more as well as the (R) and (V) because Jamaica's R32's will be going to 207th st, The (C) will be the only line with R32's.

You will have plenty of R160's on the (Q)

As for R32's on the (A), Your best bet is Weekends and rush hours, For now the (A) has 2 trainsets, By the Fall the (A) should have 3 Trainsets again for a breif time, IF I were you I would ride the R32's on the (A) NOW, Because when the (C) goes 10 cars the won't be on the (A) no more as well as the (R) and (V) because Jamaica's R32's will be going to 207th st, The (C) will be the only line with R32's.

oh ok. As for the other part of project, I'm trying to also do a video and recording of the R42 on the (R)(V) lines in Manhattan? Whats the best time to do it and how many sets are there?

To be honest, people should realize that their is more to then R160! The SMEE R32/R42 are the last to remain/have a short life, and people are focusing MORE on 160s.. This is not only to Daniel but to all. Realize you will always see the R160s thru your life, you need to ride more the SMEE, cuz those will NEVER be in service after 2010 or around. R160s are getting boring a bit at least till we get R179/R188. NO OFFENSE! But if you dont care about the SMEE, then its fine, but once its gone, you will be like, oh no!! I MISSED IT!! Right cuz of the R160s, So byebye to RFW for those who liked on the IND BMT, now you just gonna have too look via the cab which is hard to see in the dark and blur as hell. The R62As will be the last of the "Rail Fan Window" and who knows if it goes from Corona Yard in Queens to Westchester in the Bronx once CBTC begins on Flushing Line.

Not tryimg to get people into liking sumin they dont want but trying to get a focus on the Best/Oldest cars you wont fnd in life.

Instead of riding the R32s on the (C), go on the (A)(R)(V)s which you wont be seeing anymore. Same for the R42s on the (R)(V). Once those are gone move on the (C)(J)(Z) whicht those may be the FINAL routes to see R32s/R42s.

If anyone has sumin against my statement, i rly dont care, tho im not making an argument or anything but suggestions, no bigz

LONG LIVE SMEE!!

@Daniel, I agree with Kris, expand with the R32s, not ride from 125th to 42nd st, those are the same lines u do all the time bro. Go to rockaways and enjoy a good view and return back with the R32s ;)!

The (V) is about half SMEE, just try at any station and you shouldn't have to wait over 20 minutes. The (R), the R42s run all day but try during rush hour near Lower Manhattan.

Yeah, but i still get caught seeing some R46s. How many R32s are on the (R)(V) btw? 1 to 2 sets?

@33rd Street You mean luck on catching it :confused:

thanks for the advice guys. As for the (A)s to the rockaways I can't do. Maybe to Brooklyn but not the Rockaways

Im going to guess that u cant go far distances becuz your parents said so? Cuz if not then there must be a reason.

Hey even at 14 i use to always go far places lol

@Brian - thx. Wat about weekends? 2 only?

To be honest, people should realize that their is more to then R160! The SMEE R32/R42 are the last to remain/have a short life, and people are focusing MORE on 160s.. This is not only to Daniel but to all. Realize you will always see the R160s thru your life, you need to ride more the SMEE, cuz those will NEVER be in service after 2010 or around. R160s are getting boring a bit at least till we get R179/R188. NO OFFENSE! But if you dont care about the SMEE, then its fine, but once its gone, you will be like, oh no!! I MISSED IT!! Right cuz of the R160s, So byebye to RFW for those who liked on the IND BMT, now you just gonna have too look via the cab which is hard to see in the dark and blur as hell. The R62As will be the last of the "Rail Fan Window" and who knows if it goes from Corona Yard in Queens to Westchester in the Bronx once CBTC begins on Flushing Line.

Not tryimg to get people into liking sumin they dont want but trying to get a focus on the Best/Oldest cars you wont fnd in life.

Instead of riding the R32s on the (C), go on the (A)(R)(V)s which you wont be seeing anymore. Same for the R42s on the (R)(V). Once those are gone move on the (C)(J)(Z) whicht those may be the FINAL routes to see R32s/R42s.

If anyone has sumin against my statement, i rly dont care, tho im not making an argument or anything but suggestions, no bigz

LONG LIVE SMEE!!

@Daniel, I agree with Kris, expand with the R32s, not ride from 125th to 42nd st, those are the same lines u do all the time bro. Go to rockaways and enjoy a good view and return back with the R32s ;)!

I Agree 100% But Let them learn the hard way.

Im going to guess that u cant go far distances becuz your parents said so? Cuz if not then there must be a reason.

Hey even at 14 i use to always go far places lol

@Brian - thx. Wat about weekends? 2 only?

I don't like the rockaways thats why. Although I can do Lefferts Blvd or 88th Street in Queens.

I Agree 100% But Let them learn the hard way.

Thanks! But dont worry, the emptier the last R32 or R42 in service the better :cool: R32s ROCK! Sry R160 is a bit over the line lol

I don't like the rockaways thats why. Although I can do Lefferts Blvd or 88th Street in Queens.

So why not do that, doesnt the R32s sometimes head to lefftert? Its not a force tho, but it would be nice if you can do more lines compared to St. Nicholas/CPW. You did laid the (;)(D) off a bit, but try sumin new to impress others bro.

Thanks! But dont worry, the emptier the last R32 or R42 in service the better :cool: R32s ROCK! Sry R160 is a bit over the line lol

So why not do that, doesnt the R32s sometimes head to lefftert? Its not a force tho, but it would be nice if you can do more lines compared to St. Nicholas/CPW. You did laid the (;)(D) off a bit, but try sumin new to impress others bro.

I'll think about it and what about the R42s on the (R)(V) lines part? And I was thinking about the (2)(5) lines in Manhattan or maybe in Brooklyn Brooklyn? And I also wanted to try the R160 (N) Train Express in Brooklyn?

I'll think about it and what about the R42s on the (R)(V) lines part? And I was thinking about the (2)(5) lines in Manhattan or maybe in Brooklyn Brooklyn? And I also wanted to try the R160 (N) Train Express in Brooklyn?

You can catch em better ether at Roosvelt or at 71st especially since the R42s/R32s get swapped sometimes (R)<>(V)

(2)(5) well thats ether Broadway line or Lexington. if you mean (2)(5) together you mean White Plains Road line, best place West Farms Sq. You can transfer back for free, similar to Intervale.. For the ELs.. If you mean Eastern Pkway Line then anywhere from Nevins to Flatbush or during Rush Hrs on New lots..

(N) Train Express in Brooklyn from 59th/4th and Atlantic, If you mean Exp on an EL well at this time no, about 2-3 weeks it was running Exp on the (D) all weekend to Manhattan.. Which was a great view! I went like 2/3 times to that G/o

You can catch em better ether at Roosvelt or at 71st especially since the R42s/R32s get swapped sometimes (R)<>(V)

(2)(5) well thats ether Broadway line or Lexington. if you mean (2)(5) together you mean White Plains Road line, best place West Farms Sq. You can transfer back for free, similar to Intervale.. For the ELs.. If you mean Eastern Pkway Line then anywhere from Nevins to Flatbush or during Rush Hrs on New lots..

(N) Train Express in Brooklyn from 59th/4th and Atlantic, If you mean Exp on an EL well at this time no, about 2-3 weeks it was running Exp on the (D) all weekend to Manhattan.. Which was a great view! I went like 2/3 times to that G/o

I meant for the (N) Express from Canal Street to 59th Street-4th Avenue.

I meant for the (N) Express from Canal Street to 59th Street-4th Avenue.

So you wanna take shots under there? Why not Sea Beach or at least Coney Island dude, its great place to take pic, tho sometimes works get off a hand a bit..

the (Q) has like 65% R160's (from what ive seen) and 35% R68's

as for the (A),your gonna have a very long time going to find it,because theres only 2-3 sets on that line. happy hunting!;)

It depends tho. On weekends you see a lot more R160s and weekdays more R68s..

the (Q) has like 65% R160's (from what ive seen) and 35% R68's

as for the (A),your gonna have a very long time going to find it,because theres only 2-3 sets on that line. happy hunting!;)

last time that I was on the (Q) which was last Wedenesday I saw like 7 sets of R68s, a few R68As and rest R160s.

And as for doing the (N) via Sea Beach I will take your advice on that.

Yeah, but i still get caught seeing some R46s. How many R32s are on the (R)(V) btw? 1 to 2 sets?

@33rd Street You mean luck on catching it :confused:

Since there's 4 R32s running out of Jamaica there should be 1-2 R32s on both lines. It's not too hard to catch one running on the (V), but if you get one on the (R) you're really lucky. As 33rd St. said your best bet is on the weekend, or during the rush hour.

The (2)(5) and (N) aren't changing so I suggest you do those later. The R32s will be going from the (A) very soon and they are the last time, ever, that you will be able to catch an RFW on the (A). I know you said you don't like the Rockaways but your opinion can change on that if you're riding an R32 going 45 MPH over the flats.

The (R) is also a good line to railfan (people say the line is slow but this is only from Canal to DeKalb) with a lot of interesting curves. You should also try and catch this soon too (and ride it through 60th St. in either direction).

Since there's 4 R32s running out of Jamaica there should be 1-2 R32s on both lines. It's not too hard to catch one running on the (V), but if you get one on the (R) you're really lucky. As 33rd St. said your best bet is on the weekend, or during the rush hour.

The (2)(5) and (N) aren't changing so I suggest you do those later. The R32s will be going from the (A) very soon and they are the last time, ever, that you will be able to catch an RFW on the (A). I know you said you don't like the Rockaways but your opinion can change on that if you're riding an R32 going 45 MPH over the flats.

The (R) is also a good line to railfan (people say the line is slow but this is only from Canal to DeKalb) with a lot of interesting curves. You should also try and catch this soon too (and ride it through 60th St. in either direction).

I was going to save the (2)(5)(N) for last.

On the last day of the R40s in service I saw an R32 (R) enter Forest Hills at about 7 PM. It didn't go back in service. Plus, I've seen R32 ®'s at Lexington - 59th during rush hour (around 7:40 PM). Maybe these trains are put-ins? I usually see 2 R32s on the (V).

I hope I can get the R32 (V) Train than the R42 (V) Train.

Archived