Slant Q and R40M Q

Phil D.

R-40s on the Q? I thought they were getting R-160s?
Dude they are not getting R160s yet. The TeeA is in the process of scrapping Slant 40s. No R160s are touching the Q yet. The reason for the Slant 40s and Modifieds running is for the Holiday to increase the amount of trains for people.

Nice. The 7th one almost looks surreal. I can't wait to make it to NY with my recently acquired good camera :D
Its not all about a "good" camera. You just need to know how to set your settings, and its also the person who is behind the camera. Theres no way you can get that kind of quality from auto. I use manual settings.

Its not all about a "good" camera. You just need to know how to set your settings, and its also the person who is behind the camera. Theres no way you can get that kind of quality from auto. I use manual settings.

True. I just need something that I can't take movies with. I need some more pictures in my library instead of bad choppy 30 - 3 minute long pathetic excuses for movies. So I've got my new camcorder (HV20) ready to go, and taking an EOS Rebel for the "good" pics... as opposed to a powershot s500 blurry shaky stuff. The s500 itself is fine, but I want something to make the picture of better quality (EOS has high speed continuous shoot, nice AF, and little or no blur, plus a nice zoom and stability... plus a big lens). Besides, if I want to, I can dual-wield cameras... maybe. Either way, I'm ready to ride the rails... and get lots of strange looks.

WOW!!!! I havent seen a Slant on da Q since it was running on sixth ave with a yellow diamond Q! NICE PICS!!!

But, when the Quincy was operating on 6th Av with slants, it had the round orange bullet. On the contrary, until April 1997 when the Q ran R-68A'S and the West End B ran R40 Slants,(before the B and Q swapped rolling stock) the Q was using R-68A'S with a yellow diamond bullet running via 6th Av, because the 68A'S never had an orange bullet installed within the rollsigns :D

Actually, you can, minus the star effects with lights.

Smoking pics.

Question though, are you ever concerned that someone might try and mug you and take your camera.

I'm not. Generally there's too many people around to really have that work, but it's always a good idea to avoid awkward situations. But I never worry, nobody wants my camera anyway ;).

Archived