Great day, Plus... R68A (N) train!!!

Luis1985

Going to school was good for me. i took the R68A (B) train straight to school and of course it was a fun ride. After school, i hung out with my friend, and took the Q60 bus (Orion VII NG) from Manhattan to Queens to hang out with his family.

i was on my way home from my friends house in Long Island City, Queens, and as i was waiting for a Q32 bus to go into Manhattan, i saw a Astoria-bound R68A (N) train pulling into the Queensboro Plaza Station. i was like "damn i havent seen an R68A on the (N) in such a long time." so i walked up to the turnstile, paid my fare, used the rest room, and when i got to the Manhattan-bound (N)(W)(7) platform, i waited for that same R68A (N) train.

When the R68A (N) train FINALLY pulled in, i took a joy ride from Queensboro Plaza to Coney Island-Stillwell Av. i really enjoyed that ride. At Coney Island, i just grabbed the R160A (Q) train, got off at Sheepshead Bay, ate at Dunkin Donuts and right after, i took the R68A (B) Local train home.

i had a GREAT Journey going home, but it was nice to see an R68A on the (N) again!:tup:

Going to school was good for me. i took the R68A (B) train straight to school and of course it was a fun ride. After school, i hung out with my friend, and took the Q60 bus (Orion VII NG) from Manhattan to Queens to hang out with his family.

i was on my way home from my friends house in Long Island City, Queens, and as i was waiting for a Q32 bus to go into Manhattan, i saw a Astoria-bound R68A (N) train pulling into the Queensboro Plaza Station. i was like "damn i havent seen an R68A on the (N) in such a long time." so i walked up to the turnstile, paid my fare, used the rest room, and when i got to the Manhattan-bound (N)(W)(7) platform, i waited for that same R68A (N) train.

When the R68A (N) train FINALLY pulled in, i took a joy ride from Queensboro Plaza to Coney Island-Stillwell Av. i really enjoyed that ride. At Coney Island, i just grabbed the R160A (Q) train, got off at Sheepshead Bay, ate at Dunkin Donuts and right after, i took the R68A (B) Local train home.

i had a GREAT Journey going home, but it was nice to see an R68A on the (N) again!:tup:

Dang, I wished I caught it too! I haven't rode anything but NTT on the (N)ovember in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

I see in the morning R68's on the (Q)(N) side of the (M)anhattan bridge but you was lucky :tup:

yea but those are (Q) trains, and one R68 (B) train was diverted via Broadway due to a train with mechanical problems at Grand St yesterday morning. it terminated at 57 St with the (Q). that was the (B) train after mine, and i saw it cuz i was stuck on the bridge.

yea but those are (Q) trains, and one R68 (B) train was diverted via Broadway due to a train with mechanical problems at Grand St yesterday morning. it terminated at 57 St with the (Q). that was the (B) train after mine, and i saw it cuz i was stuck on the bridge.

A flashback of the Manhattan Bridge flip-flop...The (B)ravo on Broadway.

Where did (D) trains go then?

A flashback of the Manhattan Bridge flip-flop...The (B)ravo on Broadway.

Where did (D) trains go then?

im guessing the same way...via Broadway, and probably terminate at 57 St with the (B)(Q). it cant run on the (F) line cuz the (D) platform at Stillwell Av is not connected to the (F) Culver Line tracks. so they had no choice to send it down via Broadway until that stalled train moves outta Grand St. it wasnt so long either cuz i only saw that one (B) train on the Broadway side of the Bridge. once i saw that train go by, my (B) train started moving again. i got off at West 4 St to get the (A)(C)(E). but when i got off at West 4 St, i dont know if it continued down the 6 Av Express tracks or if it went down the 6 Avenue Local track.

im guessing the same way...via Broadway, and probably terminate at 57 St with the (B)(Q). it cant run on the (F) line cuz the (D) platform at Stillwell Av is not connected to the (F) Culver Line tracks. so they had no choice to send it down via Broadway until that stalled train moves outta Grand St. it wasnt so long either cuz i only saw that one (B) train on the Broadway side of the Bridge. once i saw that train go by, my (B) train started moving again. i got off at West 4 St to get the (A)(C)(E). but when i got off at West 4 St, i dont know if it continued down the 6 Av Express tracks or if it went down the 6 Avenue Local track.

Wow...the Sixth Avenue line doesn't allow for so much flexibility unlike the Broadway Line does. If the bridge route is messed up, (N) and (Q) trains go through the tunnel; if the tunnel route is messed up, (R) trains (or even (W) trains) go over the bridge.

Wow...the Sixth Avenue line doesn't allow for so much flexibility unlike the Broadway Line does. If the bridge route is messed up, (N) and (Q) trains go through the tunnel; if the tunnel route is messed up, (R) trains (or even (W) trains) go over the bridge.

yup. some (W)'s get extended into Bklyn (either 95 St on the (R), 9 Av on the (D) or Kings Hwy on the (N)) or they'll just suspend (W) service entirely.

yup. some (W)'s get extended into Bklyn (either 95 St on the (R), 9 Av on the (D) or Kings Hwy on the (N)) or they'll just suspend (W) service entirely.

Dang, the (W) gets no love at all during an emergency G.O. B)

Dang, the W gets no love at all during an emergency G.O. B)

nah man. the (V) as well. if something goes wrong on the 6 Av line, the (V) gets suspended entirely.

i remember back in 2004, i was leaving school, and i was at Bergen St on the (F), an R68 (D) train pulls in and said it was going down the (F) line to Stillwell Av.

Why did that happen?

There was a derailment between the Bridge and the DeKalb Av station, suspending ALL Brooklyn-bound service via Manhattan Bridge. (they didnt say which train it was either.) But heres how it followed all day:

7:50AM (Morning Rush Hour):

Brooklyn-bound (B)(D) trains ran on the (F) line from West 4 St to Coney Island. (Some (D) trains terminated at Kings Highway to avoid Congestion at Coney Island).

(V) trains ran on the (E) line between 5 Av-53 St and World Trade Center in both directions.

Brooklyn-bound (N)(Q) trains ran on the (R) line between Canal St and DeKalb Av.

(W) trains ran to and from Whitehall St until 8:15AM with major delays.

Bay Parkway-bound (M) trains replaced the (D) from Pacific St to Coney Island until 8:45AM.

8:45AM-12PM:

Brooklyn-bound (B)(D) trains ran on the (F) line from West 4 St to Coney Island. (Some (D) trains terminated at Kings Highway to avoid Congestion at Coney Island).

Selected Coney Island-bound (N) trains ran on the (D) line from 36 St to Stillwell Av to avoid waiting passengers over the West End Line.

(M) Service suspended in both directions between Chambers St and Bay Parkway.

12:01PM until about 9PM (including Evening Rush Hour):

(B)(V)(W) Service Suspended Entirely.

Brooklyn-bound (D) trains ran on the (F) line from West 4 St to Coney Island. (Some (D) trains terminated at Kings Highway and at Avenue X to avoid Congestion at Coney Island).

Selected Coney Island-bound (N) trains ran on the (D) line from 36 St to Coney Island to avoid crowded platforms and waiting passengers over the West End Line. (This was super crazy during the PM Rush Hour. This lead to very crowded platforms.)

Manhattan-bound (B)(D)(N)(Q) service was normal THE ENTIRE DAY.

9PM till the next day:

(M) was normal between Chambers St and Metropolitan Av.

Brooklyn-bound (D) service returned to the West End Line with very Limited Service and extreme delays). (selected (D) trains operated via 4 Av Local, stopping at DeKalb Av.)

Brooklyn-bound (N)(Q) trains continued to operate via the (R) line until 5AM the next day.

Just kinda rare on the N I guess. I saw one today [probably the same one Luis saw], but I didn't get too excited over it. Surpised - a little, but meh, it's not as if it was an R32 B train.

i Saw the R32 (B) train, i was like "eh, w.e." but i didnt ride it, and not planning on to. i still get them on the (A)(C) when i go to school.

nah man. the (V) as well. if something goes wrong on the 6 Av line, the (V) gets suspended entirely.

i remember back in 2004, i was leaving school, and i was at Bergen St on the (F), an R68 (D) train pulls in and said it was going down the (F) line to Stillwell Av.

Why did that happen?

There was a derailment between the Bridge and the DeKalb Av station, suspending ALL Brooklyn-bound service via Manhattan Bridge. (they didnt say which train it was either.) But heres how it followed all day:

7:50AM (Morning Rush Hour):

(V) trains ran on the (E) line between 5 Av-53 St and World Trade Center in both directions.

Brooklyn-bound (N)(Q) trains ran on the (R) line between Canal St and DeKalb Av.

(W) trains ran to and from Whitehall St until 8:15AM with major delays.

Bay Parkway-bound (M) trains replaced the (D) from Pacific St to Coney Island until 8:45AM.

8:45AM-12PM:

Selected Coney Island-bound (N) trains ran on the (D) line from 36 St to Stillwell Av to avoid waiting passengers over the West End Line.

12:01PM until about 9PM (including Evening Rush Hour):

Brooklyn-bound (D) trains ran on the (F) line from West 4 St to Coney Island. (Some (D) trains terminated at Kings Highway and at Avenue X to avoid Congestion at Coney Island).

Selected Coney Island-bound (N) trains ran on the (D) line from 36 St to Coney Island to avoid crowded platforms and waiting passengers over the West End Line. (This was super crazy during the PM Rush Hour. This lead to very crowded platforms.)

Manhattan-bound (B)(D)(N)(Q) service was normal THE ENTIRE DAY.

9PM till the next day:

(M) was normal between Chambers St and Metropolitan Av.

Brooklyn-bound (D) service returned to the West End Line with very Limited Service and extreme delays). (selected (D) trains operated via 4 Av Local, stopping at DeKalb Av.)

Brooklyn-bound (N)(Q) trains continued to operate via the (R) line until 5AM the next day.

Wow, this sure seemed like a huge problem to put the lines in a state of such disarray.

lol its good to see other models run on the (N) other than R160's.

IAWTP. I'm tired of seeing R160s everywhere I go! Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the cars, but the subway is being infiltrated with all this new junk! :mad:

Archived