Jaywalking Bronx Man struck, killed by a City Bus

ciboii22

Loll nope he think he had bumpers on his body so he took his time and jus got hit like a stupid idiot . Ii walk fast and yesterday ii almost got hit by the b74 so ii ran accross the street and the driver was goin like 50 or 60 down mermaid ave so ii reported the driver cuz ii had got off his bus nd it was # 5109 the one wit orange light$

People like you make me sick, you blame the bus driver when you are not looking when crossing, and to make you feel stupider, that bus is governed at 40MPH and can't go any faster. What is the theme of New Yorkers in general, when in doubt blame the driver? Look before you cross, or else you'll be a fly on the windshield...

Loll nope he think he had bumpers on his body so he took his time and jus got hit like a stupid idiot . Ii walk fast and yesterday ii almost got hit by the b74 so ii ran accross the street and the driver was goin like 50 or 60 down mermaid ave so ii reported the driver cuz ii had got off his bus nd it was # 5109 the one wit orange light$

People like you make me sick, you blame the bus driver when you are not looking when crossing, and to make you feel stupider, that bus is governed at 40MPH and can't go any faster. What is the theme of New Yorkers in general, when in doubt blame the driver? Look before you cross, or else you'll be a fly on the windshield...

+1 :tup:

------------^ (Another move by one of NY's geniuses :)) ^----------------

How the HELL do you jaywalk and report the driver!? :mad: That was stupid. Buses don't even go 50! (Oh, by the way, don't post in that unintelligible language.)

+1 :tup:

------------^ (Another move by one of NY's geniuses :)) ^----------------

How the HELL do you jaywalk and report the driver!? :mad: That was stupid. Buses don't even go 50! (Oh, by the way, don't post in that unintelligible language.)

Actually most of them are capable of 50+ but Ulmer Park governed buses from 38MPH-45MPH, except express buses. Someone got an Orion VI in Canada up to 110MPH, and a Greyhound MCI to 110MPH also, and a express bus in MTA up to 95MPH easily. It all depends and most drivers wouldn't be doing the Jeff Gordon with a bus.

Yeah, totally f'd up. So if somebody is running trying to cross the street in front of your bus, the B/O is supposed to swerve into oncoming traffic or into parked cars/mounting the sidewalk causing a lot more injuries/deaths?:confused:

I heard that the policy(MTA Bus) is termination no demotions if you have an accident that killed someone whether or not it was your fault. Correct me if I am wrong.

To answer your 1st question, MTA thinks with their training, you should be a mind-reader and predict what jacka$$ #1 will do. Of course just about all, if not all B/O's don't carry a crystal ball with them. MTA Bus is under TA rules now, so I don't think they can just terminate one just like that. CPBO, and KnightRider can answer that better though. And no, you better not do something to injure those on the bus. Better to hit the person on the road. With that, the evidence is there. Swerving and missing the person, but damaging property, and injuring those on the bus, well now, no proof is there that you did it to avoid hitting some idiot crossing illegally.........

Same goes for when someone cuts you off. Hit the vehicle, to have evidence.......

Actually most of them are capable of 50+ but Ulmer Park governed buses from 38MPH-45MPH, except express buses. Someone got an Orion VI in Canada up to 110MPH, and a Greyhound MCI to 110MPH also, and a express bus in MTA up to 95MPH easily. It all depends and most drivers wouldn't be doing the Jeff Gordon with a bus.

I know the buses can go faster, but on a local bus route, there are too many stops :P

I am not surprised that this accident happened unfortunately many more will happen in the future,in todays fast paced environment many idiot jaywalkers are going to try to beat the oncoming traffic,if this guy was throwing objects at the bus as well then he paid the unfortunate price,the price of his life.I always wait for the light and i try not to jaywalk i believe in some point or another we all have jaywalked and sometimes it takes an unfortunate accident like this to realize and open peoples minds a little bit more and ofcourse people will still jaywalk after this is all said and done.

i kno rite

Archived