(C) G.O. Picture

R10 2952

One weekend in early October, I was taking the (C) when it was running to WTC, and photographed this at 168th Street:

miscellaneous2009009.jpg

This was on car #3864 sometime in the early evening. Someone must've been playin' around. But in this case, the sign was actually accurate, because the (C) going to WTC is NOT a (C)... It's a (K)! And if the (MTA) actually represented the (C) as a (K) whenever it goes to WTC, maybe some people would be less confused, because they'd remember the (K), and realize that this train is not the (C).

One weekend in early October, I was taking the (C) when it was running to WTC, and photographed this at 168th Street:

miscellaneous2009009.jpg

This was on car #3864 sometime in the early evening. Someone must've been playin' around. But in this case, the sign was actually accurate, because the (C) going to WTC is NOT a (C)... It's a (K)! And if the (MTA) actually represented the (C) as a (K) whenever it goes to WTC, maybe some people would be less confused, because they'd remember the (K), and realize that this train is not the (C).

Maybe you were the one who changed the sign?

Hands off!

So what if he did? I'd do the same thing, cuz old fashioned-wise, it's the (K).

I take it a train crew could be reprimanded for having inaccurate roll signs (which, argue the routing all you want, this is. The (K) doesn't exist anymore).

Although with the number of inaccurate signs I see on a daily basis, maybe not. Or maybe it's just a matter of the bullet being confusing.

I take it a train crew could be reprimanded for having inaccurate roll signs (which, argue the routing all you want, this is. The (K) doesn't exist anymore).

Although with the number of inaccurate signs I see on a daily basis, maybe not. Or maybe it's just a matter of the bullet being confusing.

As cool as it is to see that, pilot's right. Those of us who either never grew up with the (K) or don't know that it existed (especially tourists) would be like WTF. And speaking of inaccurate signs, have any (R) crews been reprimanded for using <R>? And how many crews actually do get reprimanded for this kind of stuff?

Hands off!

You leave your mitts off the side signs because it reads C for the benefit of the passengers, not for the foamers who feel it should be K because it is only going to WTC.

No, I was not the one who changed the sign. I have better things to do than fool around with some train signs. I am not one of those 'foamers who feel it should be (K) because it is only going to WTC'. . I agree with your notion that unauthorized people should not be touching the signs, but there is no need to accuse me of something I didn't do.

You leave your mitts off the side signs because it reads C for the benefit of the passengers, not for the foamers who feel it should be K because it is only going to WTC.

Yeah and then most T/A Workers complaining about taking a picture of a train with no flash, and Know its legal+ Threatening to get a cop? (OF course restricted areas not legal] Yeah right.. I like to browse whats under the sign too, sometimes[Tho only if theres a spinner], tho of course its for the passengers with the proper sign up.

So what if he did? I'd do the same thing, cuz old fashioned-wise, it's the (K).

Me 2. Im not a FOAMER! Just a normal rail/bus fan, And i have other interest then trains or buses..

Hands off!

How do you know?

Anyways.. Idc what happen or not.

No, I was not the one who changed the sign. I have better things to do than fool around with some train signs. I am not one of those 'foamers who feel it should be (K) because it is only going to WTC'. . I agree with your notion that unauthorized people should not be touching the signs, but there is no need to accuse me of something I didn't do.

He was referring to lrg, not you...

Yeah and then most T/A Workers complaining about taking a picture of a train with no flash, and Know its legal+ Threatening to get a cop? (OF course restricted areas not legal] Yeah right.. I like to browse whats under the sign too, sometimes[Tho only if theres a spinner], tho of course its for the passengers with the proper sign up.

applesandoranges.jpg

Do yourself a favor: don't be a martyr and try to save the day whenever you see a sign being changed. People will ***** their heads off about sign changing when there is so much worse out there. Please, don't be a hero.

And if the (MTA) actually represented the (C) as a (K) whenever it goes to WTC, maybe some people would be less confused, because they'd remember the (K), and realize that this train is not the (C).

But tourists would be like huh? They would all open their maps and frantically try to find a (K) on it;)

I apologize for the accusation.

Do yourself a favor: don't be a martyr and try to save the day whenever you see a sign being changed. People will ***** their heads off about sign changing when there is so much worse out there. Please, don't be a hero.

Don't give me the martyr bit and saving the day stuff too.

I am an employee and it's my business to see to it the signs are correct. Part of my JOB responsibilitles. I worked at 168 for several years relaying trains and got sick and tired of correcting signs on that car and several others with the old sign crank that could be manipulated by people who should be minding their own business. The C line gets lots of tourists and I don't want them to be confused with conflicting signs.

These old sign boxes were out back in due to vandalism of the old ones, so it's not a question of car equipment putting back in "modern" ones because transit won't buy them. 2 or more wrongs don't make a right. Nobody has a right to touch these except the transit worker setting them up. Period.

Don't give me the martyr bit and saving the day stuff too.

I am an employee and it's my business to see to it the signs are correct. Part of my JOB responsibilitles. I worked at 168 for several years relaying trains and got sick and tired of correcting signs on that car and several others with the old sign crank that could be manipulated by people who should be minding their own business. The C line gets lots of tourists and I don't want them to be confused with conflicting signs.

These old sign boxes were out back in due to vandalism of the old ones, so it's not a question of car equipment putting back in "modern" ones because transit won't buy them. 2 or more wrongs don't make a right. Nobody has a right to touch these except the transit worker setting them up. Period.

289959679_f579908b2e.jpg

Archived