ENY Depot 4982

BusOperator3319

At around 10:50PM as i was rounding Glenwood Road and Rockaway Parkway there was the Bus sitting in the Bus stop with what i thought was a police car

but it Turned out to be a NYCT Superintendent vehicle upon further inspection the rear doors were smashed in a couple of panels also smashed in and the window in the 4th door broken i don't know what hit him or what he hit the pix are not great and doesn't show the full extent of damage as i took it with my iphone 7e0b8d2f.jpg

8d6e3eb1.jpg

Oh man, why did it have to be a Nova? Hopefully it will be fixed up asap.
Honestly i think he hit something because that whole Panel to the right of door number Three was just completely smashed in as if he rubbed against something real hard and kept going

the Operator had this bleak look on his face often it is not wise to talk until you have a Union Representative present because people mainly the MANAGEMENT type within NYCT seem to forget where they came from and DUMB down

RULE # 1 of the Day don't talk to MANAGEMENT invoke your WEINGARTEN RIGHT'S because i know first hand how management likes to twist and screw things out of proportion and have you hang out there to dry with no sympathy

Looks like a small truck hit that bus from looking at those pics... Poor bus.. but the damage doesn't look all that bad! Can it be fixed?

Actually, the rear doors of 4982 had hit the rear quarterpanel of 4993. 4993 was able to go away on its own power eventually. The driver of 4982 hit the rear of 4993 in that spot while 4993 was in the stop.

That bus had been sitting there for at least 2 hours. It's repairable.

Actually, the rear doors of 4982 had hit the rear quarterpanel of 4993. 4993 was able to go away on its own power eventually. The driver of 4982 hit the rear of 4993 in that spot while 4993 was in the stop.

That bus had been sitting there for at least 2 hours. It's repairable.

Never good to have a Bus on Bus now i know why he had that bleak look on his face but hopefully everything goes ok for him

Thank you for further insight as to what happened aemoreira81

Archived