Tiger Woods mess

Shortline Bus

he has denied that he is afro american

tiger is also 50% asian his mom was born in thailand. fair or not there been some people in the black community that feels tiger has igorned his 'hertiage' and become a 'sell out' for his appreant 'corporate america' -type personality and also dating & marrying a 'white woman' in this case an aspring model born in europe. just stating the facts folks.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hes half asian, half african american

in america there is the one drop rule which states if u have one drop of black blood you are considered black and tiger has ignored the african american community that is why they are going to ignore him now

tiger is also 50% asian his mom was born in thailand. fair or not there been so people in the black community that tiger has igored his 'hertiage' for dating & marrying a 'white woman' in this case from europe.

fair or not? ignoring his heritage for marrying outside of his already mixed race? wow. people are ignorant. :tdown:

fair or not? ignoring his heritage for marrying outside of his already mixed race? wow. people are ignorant. :tdown:

it has nothing to do with who he is married to i dont care if he married someone green as long as he maintained a voice in the community he derived from jim brown has criticized tiger for staying neutral on race issues and just collecting checks and not giving back to the community. tiger has never took a stand or had a view on anything but making money and is disgusting i was always taught if you dont stand for anything you fall for everything

just listen to some black oriented radio and cablle tv stations and i agree i with you agree popsicle girl it's ignorant. this is the 21st century if you want to marry someone you love/attrcated to, you should be allowed to. however sadly that what a few in the black community feels. and i think what nel was talking on the 'sellout' claims on tiger was from an interview on 'oprah' in the late 1990's after tiger won his 1st masters. when oprah asked him about his mixed race hertiage he wanted to be viewed as an 'american' and not as a black man only that got some afro-americans very upset.

the same view that some in the black community feel for other biracial celebs such as derek jeter and mariah carey for instance as well. i am not trying to turn into a race issue but that a factual view on how some people of 'color' feel.

it has nothing to do with who he is married to i dont care if he married someone green as long as he maintained a voice in the community he derived from jim brown has criticized tiger for staying neutral on race issues and just collecting checks and not giving back to the community. tiger has never took a stand or had a view on anything but making money and is disgusting i was always taught if you dont stand for anything you fall for everything

what about micheal jordan in the 1990's? as matter of fact most black/afro-americans sports stars who are mixed race or not dont take a stand or political/racial issues either now. jim brown, bill russell, ali and others did it because it was the 1960's and was they were believers in it & also it was 'cool' to speak for civil rights/vietnam then. Back then money was not yet a huge issue in sports or the entire entertainment industry.

what about micheal jordan in the 1990's? as matter of fact most black/afro-americans sports stars who are mixed race or not dont take a stand or political/racial issues either now. jim brown, bill russell, ali and others did it because it was the 1960's and was they were believers in it & also it was 'cool' to speak for civil rights/vietnam then. Back then money was not yet a huge issue in sports or the entire entertainment industry.

micheal jordan didnt stand for anything either but making money and jim brown called him out too tiger isnt the only one guilty you have many athletes who money dont have a conscience micheal jordan most famous quote was " republicans buy sneakers too" if athletes like jodan and woods took an interest in some of these troubled communities maybe we wouldnt have the violence and dysfunction we have

so because he is half black he is obligated to take a stand on the race issue or else he is deemed a trader of some sort? people who think like that are racists.

so because he is half black he is obligated to take a stand on the race issue or else he is deemed a trader of some sort? people who think like that are racists.

yes he is obligated to the communities who buy his products that he endorse there is a responsobility that goes along with proclaiming yourself the world greatest athlete ,could you imagine if jackie robinson came out after being the first black ball player to play in the major leagues and said dont call me black or afro american

yes he is obligated to the communities who buy his products that he endorse there is a responsobility that goes along with proclaiming yourself the world greatest athlete ,could you imagine if jackie robinson came out after being the first black ball player to play in the major leagues and said dont call me black or afro american

nel lets be fair. jim brown is not exactly a mlk or jackie robinson-type role model either. he been arrested and went to jail for domestic violence himself. while i dont condone adultery beating up a girlfriend/lover or wife is far worse.

nel lets be fair. jim brown is not exactly a mlk or jackie robinson-type role model either. he been arrested and went to jail for domestic violence himself. while i dont condone adultery beating up a girlfriend/lover or wife is far worse.

correction jim brown has never been convicted of domestic violence he was convicted under a terrorist threat ordinance that came from him setting a car that he bought on fire on his property and he went to jail because he refused to be on a chain gang fixing roads in california for the misdeamenor jim brown has never been convicted for hitting any woman

correction jim brown has never been convicted of domestic violence he was convicted under a terrorist threat ordinance that came from him setting a car that he bought on fire on his property and he went to jail because he refused to be on a chain gang fixing roads in california for the misdeamenor jim brown has never been convicted for hitting any woman

and couple of those cases the woman he was accused of beating up 'refused' to testifify or speak at the trial as well.

and couple of those cases the woman he was accused of beating up 'refused' to testifify or speak at the trial as well.

yes and how many convictions none he was aquitted on those occasions and in two of the cases the women recanted thier stories and have you thought this is because mainstream media sees jim brown as a threat because of his work with the gangs and the less fortunate thats why idiots like tiger woods who are not threatning get a free pass and at the first sign of the media turning against them they panic jim brown has never panicked or had to pay people off

yes and how many convictions none he was aquitted on those occasions and in two of the cases the women recanted thier stories and have you thought this is because mainstream media sees jim brown as a threat because of his work with the gangs and the less fortunate thats why idiots like tiger woods who are not threatning get a free pass and at the first sign of the media turning against them they panic jim brown has never panicked or had to pay people off

you entitled to your view nel. at least tiger has only 'cheated' on his wife and not gone into legal trouble ie ray lewis, pacman jones, and others in recent years. i will say that while i agree that most sports stars in our nation, no matter if they are of black/african, asian white or latino hertiage & who grew up 'poor' & or as a minority has cared less about helping their 'community.' that issue of a sellout is another topic imo.:confused:

then again, jackie robinson wasn't one-quarter chinese, one-quarter thai, one-quarter african american, one-eighth native american, and one-eighth dutch. so which community is tiger obligated to exactly? calling someone a trader for considering themselves american, instead of singling out a race out of the many he is made up of, is ridiculous. if he chooses to label himself african american, then the chinese community will be outraged and call him a trader... so on and so forth. this is stupid.

then again, jackie robinson wasn't one-quarter chinese, one-quarter thai, one-quarter african american, one-eighth native american, and one-eighth dutch. so which community is tiger obligated to exactly? calling someone a trader for considering themselves american, instead of singling out a race out of the many he is made up of, is ridiculous. if he choses to label himself african american, should the chinese community be outraged? this is stupid.

you dont know what jackie robinson was he could have been quarter indian and a half a pint west indian but he stood up as a black man like tiger should have when he got that first nike contract for 40 million and phil knight introduced him as the first black golfer to win a grand slam he didnt complain note he was not introduced as the first asian or amerasin to win a grand slam, his first endorsement were because he was considered black and a novelty and if u want to see what the asians think of tiger look at all the parodies of tiger running away from his wife and getting beat up that are running on asian tv they see him as a joke and not asian

you entitled to your view nel. at least tiger has only 'cheated' on his wife and not gone into legal trouble ie ray lewis, pacman jones, and others in recent years. i will say that while i agree that most sports stars in our nation, no matter if they are of black/african, asian white or latino hertiage & who grew up 'poor' & or as a minority has cared less about helping their 'community.' that issue of a sellout is another topic imo.:confused:

i grant you that although i think he owes the community that he got all this money from some consideration and time

he never denied nor dismissed the fact that he is part african american. he just doesn't want to be labeled as SOLELY that and deny what he really is; multiracial. nothing wrong with accepting and embracing who you are without succumbing to racial pigeonholes because he doesn't want to outrage those people in society who still sees race in black and white. if he did, then he would be a sell out. who are you or anyone else to tell him otherwise?

So you're getting upset because he chooses not to embrace is 'black half'? What about his 'Asian half', where's the outrage there?

In the end does it really matter? He cares about himself, he makes the money, we don't. Why should we care what he should do?

So you're getting upset because he chooses not to embrace is 'black half'? What about his 'Asian half', where's the outrage there?

In the end does it really matter? He cares about himself, he makes the money, we don't. Why should we care what he should do?

i dont care what happens just hope all these women bleed him dry

I can understand where ole dude is comin from...

I mean, of course Nel070 can speak for himself, and I don't agree with everything he said so far.... but w/ me, it's not that he doesn't choose to embrace his blackness, his black half, etc.... it's the fact that Tiger denied it the way he did...

I don't remember the exact wording of the question he was asked, but a reporter asked him a couple years back, regarding his influence on young african americans, being an african american golfer.... but I do remember his response to the question....

"I never said I was black"....

Granted, he didn't say anything about being "half black", "full black", w/e.... But that is what he said... and ever since then, I lost respect for the guy.

But that doesn't mean I think he owes the black community anything (there are people that have this general belief)... Can't stand when people feel that every black athlete/celebrity/etc. "owes" us somethin.... or, has to somehow "give back" to the community... When we say "give back to the community", 1000 out of 1000 of the time, we're talking about "the hood".... AFAIK, Tiger isn't from "the hood"... "The hood" isn't embracing Tiger Woods... To be blunt, I want nothin from the guy... Even if he stood up on a podium & extended a right fist in the air screaming Black Power, Black Power... we in this mothaf**ka now !! (pardon my french)....

and if I hear one more black female hatin on the fact that Tiger's with a white woman.... I'm on two forums where there are women that HATE Tiger woods b/c he's with "that white b****".... let him be with whoever he wants...

anyway, I don't wish any ill-will towards the guy, I don't hope his wife, or any other woman in his life thereafter "bleeds him dry".... not that serious... At the end of the day, I see Tiger as the best golfer ever to swing a club... If there's a golf match on channel two (or w/e), and Tiger's in the lead (or threatening a comeback), I'll turn it from the NBA, or the NFL, to watch it... the way he storms back on dudes is a sight to watch, and he almost never fails....

^ (I still believe there's a magnet man under the course whenever he's set to shoot/stroke/putt.... LOL !)

This isn't about ostracizing Tiger Woods here....

far as his Asian half... well, I'm not Asian... I'm sure the members of this forum w/ Asian descent can speak on that side of Tiger's bloodline....

For what because he doesn't speak 'for the people'? Pretty vindictive of you isn't it?

i give tiger as much thought and respect he gives african americans none have no sympathy for him whatsoever like malcolm x said its the chickens coming home to roost for tiger

Archived