Tiger Woods mess

Shortline Bus

the worst part of it is too many guys think that way or worst. they screw it up for the decent ones who actually want to get to know a woman and develop something. Pisses me off when I'm trying to get to know someone and I have to deal with her jadedness because of what some loser did to her in the past.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course that doesn't make them right. But I'm just pointing this out because the media does not jump over the investment bankers who bankrupted this country.

I have about 5 time magazines that say otherwise. Not to mention the newspaper articles on bear stearns, the lehman brothers, etc etc.. When the economy started going down the shitter, the media WAS on it. Just like everything else, this too will fade behind the latest scandal.

It makes good ratings because people are programmed to watch this stuff from the time they are kids. Through cousins etc. I've been exposed to the newest age of kids programming and it is MTV Jr. garbage. Kids' TV used to teach values, important lessons like humillity and empathy, conflict resolution, and growing pains in different formats. Now kids' TV just teaches the abuse of technology, consumerism, that being a drama queen is acceptable, and that everyone can and should try to become a celebrity.
While it's true that more "children's shows" nowadays are teaching the wrong values, there are still good shows that are fine for children to watch. It's the responsibility of the parents to make sure that they're aware of what their children are watching, and if it's appropriate.

When I was growing up, there was a lot of crap on the television that I watched, and I wasn' brainwashed. My parents made sure that they were up on what i was watching, along with jamming values into my everyday life. I could care less about what's on television, if i don't think it's appropriate for children, they wont be watching it period.

As far as tiger goes, yes he's human, and yes he's allowed to make mistakes.

People need to leave him alone, no one really cares about his personal life...

Amen to THAT! I mean really, who cares what that man does outside of golf as long as he's not committing a crime. I'm sure if you google the statistics of PEOPLE not just men, who cheat, you would be surprised at the numbers...not in a good way. The man in practically a billionaire, in my opinion he can do whatever woman he wants. Period!

Amen to THAT! I mean really, who cares what that man does outside of golf as long as he's not committing a crime. I'm sure if you google the statistics of PEOPLE not just men, who cheat, you would be surprised at the numbers...not in a good way. The man in practically a billionaire, in my opinion he can do whatever woman he wants. Period!

agree 1,000% on that statement. and sadly tens of millions of people or more worldwide cheat on their wives/husbands all the time.

So Tiger Woods gets treated like trash while Michael Jackson (who did things 10x worse) gets treated like a hero.

When Tiger Woods dies some day he too will get treated like a hero.

People in the media view death as an excuse to purge their guilt for things that they said or wrote when the person was alive.

Honestly the Media in this country needs to STFU and all of the pathetic people that actually CARE about what these people do with their spare time need to crawl into a hole and never come back out again or worse. I couldn't care about his family life because it is NOT MY PLACE to care what happens in his home. The media doesn't get that.

The era of celebrity masturbation continues unchecked into the 21st century.

Truly the blind leading the blind. Meanwhile more people getting laid off, Congress still doing nothing to fix healthcare or the finance industry, no word on closing Guantanamo or getting the hell out of Iraq, a ridiculous trade deficit that is slowly sucking all of the money out of the US, an MTA that hasn't released rightly earned wage increases to employees, and yet rather than pay attention and know these things and be able to discuss them intelligently, people just absorb the mind rot crap from the first 5 minutes of Fox News after their show ends before they turn the TV off, and the bile that is MTV. Oh look a dog in a sweater running after a cat in a hoodie!

Then with the rest of their time they try and figure out what clubs Jay-Z goes to and try to become the leading expert on Tiger Woods' personal life. And the media empowers these vain a-holes every time they report on a story like this.

That's my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free. Our media SUCKS. There's a reason newspapers don't sell anymore, and it's because people don't want to pay to read National Enquirer level trash. Hell, you can't even watch the news and get a stately broadcast that reports the facts like old times any more. It's a bunch of broads and bozo's bantering like Chatty Kathy's every time there's a commercial break, and giving their personal opinions on news every time there isn't. News is a joke. Has been for quite some time.

So damn true, my friend.........

hes a public figure, Public figures dont have the same expectations of privacy that private citizens do. If he was so worried about people finding out he shouldnt have put himself in the situation (ie sleeping with other people besides his wife) Its a real shame that hardly anyone respects marrage anymore

He is as much a private citizen, as you are a public figure. When you go outside you become a public figure for everyone to see, and the news to record if you walk into their camera shot, etc. He has the right to privacy, that you and I both have. He owes no one anything, for being whom he is. As Harry said, he isn't an elected public official. They are the only ones who have to be held to a higher standard, and should be put in public, since that is what they were elected to do. If he cheated on his wife, he knows why they did it. Besides it's no mystery that married people (especially with kids), have bedroom problems. The sexual part of that relationship usually diminishes with that I do, and humans have their needs. If he can't get it at home, then I don't blame him for going elsewhere..........

Why are you still on Michael Jackson's case? He's dead... people mourned him for the loss of his music much like the way people will eventually mourn Tiger for the athlete that he is.

I apologize to all of Jackos fans, but what music of his did we loose. We still hear his classics, and I really don't think anything he had anything left to give us. They don't care about us, is about the only good newer song of his, I hear.

I also apologize to all of those, who think a recreational activity that doctors, lawyers, politicos, and retired real athletes play, is a sport. I can't call them who play golf athletes, as it's something people play to relax after work, on vacation, or taking time for themselves. It takes skill, but it also takes skill to put a complex Lego set together, and those who do that ain't athletes........

I don't think golf is a sport either.... While there is a referee (if they even call em that), there is zero physical contact involved... and you never see (at least on tv anyway) golfers breaking a sweat.... golf is almost 100% strategy; similar to a card/board game...

also found it comical that chess & double dutch (jumping rope) was actually being mentioned as possible olympic events @ the beijing games, and in future olympiads....

I don't think golf is a sport either.... While there is a referee (if they even call em that), there is zero physical contact involved... and you never see (at least on tv anyway) golfers breaking a sweat.... golf is almost 100% strategy; similar to a card/board game...

also found it comical that chess & double dutch (jumping rope) was actually being mentioned as possible olympic events @ the beijing games, and in future olympiads....

At least one can break a sweat, twist an ankle, and/or fall n hurt themselves in double dutch. I consider that more of a sport than golf. But still putting that stuff in the Olympics, is just stupid. We need to bring back the Olympics to the ancient days. Just a loincloth, and they can do Chelsea/Greenwich Village type wrasslin. Second event, put one of those thug wannabees in a lion cage in the Bronx Zoo, give them a sword, n see what happens..........

I don't think golf is a sport either.... While there is a referee (if they even call em that), there is zero physical contact involved... and you never see (at least on tv anyway) golfers breaking a sweat.... golf is almost 100% strategy; similar to a card/board game.

I see where you're coming from, but not for the reasons you gave. By the logic of it having no physical contact, then track & field and swimming shouldn't be olympic sports (or sports in general) either. But they are both sports because they require the utmost focus and strength of mind as well. I view golf as more of a recreational activity too (so I guess I can agree with you there) but I can see why it's considered a sport.

I apologize to all of Jackos fans, but what music of his did we loose. We still hear his classics, and I really don't think anything he had anything left to give us. They don't care about us, is about the only good newer song of his, I hear.

I also apologize to all of those, who think a recreational activity that doctors, lawyers, politicos, and retired real athletes play, is a sport. I can't call them who play golf athletes, as it's something people play to relax after work, on vacation, or taking time for themselves. It takes skill, but it also takes skill to put a complex Lego set together, and those who do that ain't athletes........

Ok my mistake then 'athlete' then. But he's popular enough to get endorsements from Nike and such. He's got his fans.

I personally don't care about golf either.

Heh, lego rules! Free style is even better :)

At least one can break a sweat, twist an ankle, and/or fall n hurt themselves in double dutch. I consider that more of a sport than golf. But still putting that stuff in the Olympics, is just stupid. We need to bring back the Olympics to the ancient days. Just a loincloth, and they can do Chelsea/Greenwich Village type wrasslin. Second event, put one of those thug wannabees in a lion cage in the Bronx Zoo, give them a sword, n see what happens..........

lol! Nah, you want a real sport, put wanna be gangsters and convicts in a war zone like Afghanistan and see how tough they really are ;)

At least one can break a sweat, twist an ankle, and/or fall n hurt themselves in double dutch. I consider that more of a sport than golf.

So do I... and I'm not even joking.

I see where you're coming from, but not for the reasons you gave. By the logic of it having no physical contact, then track & field and swimming shouldn't be olympic sports (or sports in general) either. But they are both sports because they require the utmost focus and strength of mind as well. I view golf as more of a recreational activity too (so I guess I can agree with you there) but I can see why it's considered a sport.

Ok... but...

There's a higher chance of coming in contact with a competitor in swimming & track/field, than there is in golf... granted, coming in contact w/ another swimmer won't injure you... far as track/field... to be honest, I only watch it to see the runners fall....

swimming & track/field require far more physical training than golf....

How many golfers you ever see, or hear of, that are in the weight room... conditioning for that ever so physically strenuous... 2 inch putt? lol....

and yes, there is olympic swimming... there is olympic track/field....

but, no olympic golf... wouldn't we love to see tiger add an olympic medal to his list of achievements...

poor comparison.

Golf is an activity more than it is a sport...

lol! Nah, you want a real sport, put wanna be gangsters and convicts in a war zone like Afghanistan and see how tough they really are :)

all in all, a win-win for american civilians music_1.gif

So damn true, my friend.........

He is as much a private citizen, as you are a public figure. When you go outside you become a public figure for everyone to see, and the news to record if you walk into their camera shot, etc. He has the right to privacy, that you and I both have. He owes no one anything, for being whom he is. As Harry said, he isn't an elected public official. They are the only ones who have to be held to a higher standard, and should be put in public, since that is what they were elected to do. If he cheated on his wife, he knows why they did it. Besides it's no mystery that married people (especially with kids), have bedroom problems. The sexual part of that relationship usually diminishes with that I do, and humans have their needs. If he can't get it at home, then I don't blame him for going elsewhere..........

last I checked, TMZ and the TV Networks werent chasing me around over things I do, so its not the same thing

i hope all those women take all his money tiger woods is not a hero he is all about cash this is a man who has denied his identity and deserves to go down i have no sympathy for him there are many caucasion ladies going to have a great christmas thanks to tiger and all the payoffs he will be giving hope they bleed him dry

i hope all those women take all his money tiger woods is not a hero he is all about cash this is a man who has denied his identity and deserves to go down i have no sympathy for him there are many caucasion ladies going to have a great christmas thanks to tiger and all the payoffs he will be giving hope they bleed him dry

Uh, what? He denies he's Tiger Woods?

just like some of you guys chase trains all day, others' chase celebrities. same difference. it's silly to compare his rights to privacy to those of a typical private citizen - or even say he's above society's moral standard and he should be able to do as he pleases with no consequence whatsoever because he's a billionaire. if anything, he should be held to a higher standard with the size of his paycheck - not a lower one. that kind of mentality is exactly why those with money get away with things that we'd be thrown in jail for. i assure you we won't get a get out of jail free card due to jail "overpopulation."

the fascination comes with the territory of being a celebrity - whether it was his intention to be one or not. just like gossip gets around in any community about a cheating husband, a celebrity's "community" is worldwide. his story will be on the breaking news of all the gossip shows and the cover of every gossip magazine. celebrities are well aware of this. he is well aware of this. so... if he can reap the benefits of being a celebrity, he can certainly reap the consequences of it as well. that is life. i don't have sympathy for stupidity.

Archived