New Schedules Online

R62A 1991

Check it out, then here are some highlights:

New 4 Schedule

What they have done:

They have recognized that some northbound (4)s run express from 167th St to Burnside. They've terminated those trains at Burnside as well.

The schedule is now a lot more spaced out.

What they took out:

The AM (4) extra from New Lots is now put into the "Then Every 4-7 Minutes from Utica Av until" section. They also have kept the (4) extras to New Lots during the PM rush in that section (even though I think they are literally the next trains after the ones last laid out). I'm sure they still run, and the Jerome EXPs are more important, because most of us on Livonia know the (4) extra. So the exchange works out

Perhaps 170th or Mt Eden should have been a timepoint so that if a train skips it, they could just have put that dash in with the highlight. But, ti's fine now too.

Now for the (6)/<6>:

New 6 Schedule

They have recognized that <6>s from 9:30 to 10:50 AM now make local stops from Hunts Point Av. This is supplemented by the fact that there are now (6)s to Pelham Bay Park that operate as a reverse peak express during that time in the schedule. All of this was online for a while, just not in the schedule. They also now refer to the <6> as the Pelham Bay Park EXP, which it is. Well, now I know that if I want a ride on the <6> southbound, I go early in the morning, or I go at 11, not in-between.

There are other new schedules online. Perhaps I missed some other highlights. But check them out. I'm off to incorporate all of this into my BAHN layout.

Looks good! They should of added the (5) train which runs Exp during Early Midday from E149 to E180th northbound and end there as well as PM rush exp from East 180th to gun hill rd and end there. Because it does for yard access..

WhAt is the reasoning behind the southbound <6> locals and northbound (6) reverse-peak expresses in the morning?

I think it has to do with sending the (6) train str8 to Westchester Yd, since M track north of Pkchester heads to yard after Castle Hill, Zerga and East Tremont

Hey, HEY! Why're you taking pot shots at us interns for?! lol

lol. Well how shall i know there are interns here lol. But hey im talking about the interns who dont know the right stuff. People like you know the stuff!:cool:

I think it has to do with sending the (6) train str8 to Westchester Yd, since M track north of Pkchester heads to yard after Castle Hill, Zerga and East Tremont

That would be true, except all of those <6> trains Reverse Peak except for one go in service to Pelham Bay Park according to the schedule.

lol. Well how shall i know there are interns here lol. But hey im talking about the interns who dont know the right stuff. People like you know the stuff!:cool:

Heh; 'tis all good! I'll have you know there are some interns who don't post to railfan fora but read them anyway; some of them get a kick of the shenanigans (not necessarily on NYCTF) that goes on!

Back on topic: It's interesting that they'd show the reverse peak expresses in such detail; I don't recall this being done before (recently, anyway).

Thanks for the heads up. The new (7) Timetable, effective December 13, 2009, shows the new Middays local only (7) service. The last A.M. <7> is 9:55am arriving at Main Street at 10:26am and P.M. <7> service begins with the 2:54pm which arrives at 3:25pm.

The (3) Timetable also has an effective date of December 13, 2009.

Thanks for the heads up. The new (7) Timetable, effective December 13, 2009, shows the new Middays local only (7) service. The last A.M. <7> is 9:55am arriving at Main Street at 10:26am and P.M. <7> service begins with the 2:54pm which arrives at 3:25pm.

The (3) Timetable also has an effective date of December 13, 2009.

Maybe some midday GOs will be going into effect?

WhAt is the reasoning behind the southbound <6> locals and northbound (6) reverse-peak expresses in the morning?
I saw that note on the new (6) Timetable. That is strange - Monday through Friday from about 9:00am to about 11:00am and the (6) locals run non-stop, skipping four stations.

Also the new (1) Timetable has changed at all times to read "most times".

lol "(1) trains operate between Van Cortlandt Park-242 St and South Ferry, most times."

Well, a few opinions...

1. (1) train needs to operate express from 242 St to Dyckman St and from 145 to 96 St if more downtown trains are truly needed. Uptown trains ending at 137 is a horrible imitation of (6) terminating at Parkchester.

2. (6) trains operating reverse peak express from Hunts Point to Parkchester seems useless. That explains why there was no express service when I boarded the (6) during the last day of school months ago. Leave the <6> alone, it was fine the way it was.

3. Similar complaint to the <6>. (4) should operate uptown express from 149th to Burnside. Stopping at 161 and 167 doesn't look Express to me.

That's my 3 cents.

Archived