The Tea Party

INDman

anyone know a way to ruin a hipster get togther with trains? Seriously, I can't stand these freeks. They built a 15 story high rise next to Myrtle Wyckoff station becuase of these wackos. the tallest things in Ridgewood and Bushwick used to be schools and churchs, respectable things; now it's this monument to the crazies.

They are legally allowed to do this. Plus it was a nice change of pace and everyone enjoyed it. Had people tried to mess with the group, they would have been kicked off at the next stop. It was alot of fun to watch and they did behave them selvs so that was good too.

I didn't mind this bunch so much. Those who know why, know why. ;)

As for you Joe.... I know you enjoyed this group.

them bringing food on wasn't legal. cop looking for a quick score could have gotten on the train and ticketed everyone with an open bevrage contairer. that wasn't a road train, normal rules didn't apply.

No that is a regular passenger train, it is not a "fantrip", and it is considered in regular passenger service so normal rules do apply. Food is allowed on the train; there are no rules against bringing food on a train or eating food. Open container rules only apply to alcoholic beverages, and the no drinking rule only applies to alcoholic beverages (not tea). Also, think of it this way: The point of these trips is to provide a bonus for New Yorkers and tourists alike during the holiday season as well as give the MTA some "goodwill" in the sense of "hey it's cool that they do that". And don't you think ticketing/arresting people who are in fact calling attention to these trips undermines all that good will when instead of talking about how "there was a tea party on the old train" the news was instead reporting how "someone tried to have a tea party on the old train in accordance with the rules, but they all got kicked off the train, fined, and the event was cancelled". Just because you don't like those people does not take away from their right to organize and do what they want to do as long as they don't violate any rules, which they did not.

Tell that to Mr. Wall, who said it was not a road train when the CR was told to ignore hold lights. Don't take it personal, but I'm going with the boss's word over yours.

That has nothing to do with whether or not the MTA code of conduct applies to the train.

And if you're truly going to take Mr. Wall at his word, then perhaps you should also consider the fact that neither he nor any of the other supervision on the train ordered those people to "cease and decist" what they were doing by saying something, hmm??? After all, actions speak louder than words do they not? If what they were doing was so bad, perhaps the next time I see him I will ask him why the train was not taken out of service and those ruffians kicked off the train the second this was detected...with a big goofy smile on my face as I burst out laughing. Are you saying you know the rules better than the employees assigned to oversee those runs?

Tell that to Mr. Wall, who said it was not a road train when the CR was told to ignore hold lights. Don't take it personal, but I'm going with the boss's word over yours.

Um, I was speaking with the boss about this during the day before they (the tea party) got there. He said they were allowed to ride and guess what they did. I was in the car along with the Boss and again, guess what? None of them got kicked off so I guess they followed the rules. Sorry but you lose this one.

And technically, we are a special train. We follow all the regular rules but the train is under direct supervision who can make calls like that to ignore the holding lights.

Fine, you guys want those freaks destroying this city piece by piece like they've been doing, I'm not gonna stop you.

How is having a tea party destroying the city? I don't like the crap they have done in Brooklyn, but this event was ok and there was no harm in what they did. As said before, it's a public train run and there is no legal way to stop them. If you or some one else objects to it, get off the train or go to another car.

I don't see how they destroyed any part of the city by having a good time in car 381.

381 can handle a lot of people riding in it. It is a sturdy car. No harm done.

Consumption of food is legal. No rules appeared to be violated as far as I could tell. Not only did the crew allow the riders to enjoy themselves, but the crew appeared to be having a great time as well.

I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. The cookies were pretty good :cool:

I think it was great. It's a vintage train; nothing wrong with some vintage music. There was no harm done, so no foul.

I'm looking forward to riding the train this weekend. I'm shooting for the 10:30 out of 2 Av.

If you get to 2nd Avenue at 10:30 you're going to be waiting for an hour ;), the train's first trip leaves at 10am out of 2av

Archived