Are they replacing the old RTS buses?

kev5655

I was wondering if anyone knows if the MTA is replacing old buses with something like this

MTA_Bus_1996_Orion_V_%28ex-Bee-Line%29.jpg

I am seeing alot of bus similar to this except that the buses im seeing have digital signs that look like the ones on the (R) train. I was wondering if the MTA is using these and getting rid of the old rts buses. I am wondering about this because two weeks ago These buses started popping up by Q'boro Plaza. Does anyone know about this?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the MTA is replacing old buses with something like this

MTA_Bus_1996_Orion_V_%28ex-Bee-Line%29.jpg

I am seeing alot of bus similar to this except that the buses im seeing have digital signs that look like the ones on the (R) train. I was wondering if the MTA is using these and getting rid of the old rts buses. I am wondering about this because two weeks ago These buses started popping up by Q'boro Plaza. Does anyone know about this?

Thats an old BEE LINE bus

Those are the ex-Bee Line Orion Vs which the MTA recently acquired. Despite being 14-15years old they are in tip-top shape and run strong. They are prety much all over Queens by now. On my YouTube page I have an onboard video of one of these hand-me-downs. I just hope they aren't run into the ground too soon.

Yes, they are. As these buses enter the streets, and when the last NGs arrive, all these ex-PBL buses will be gone. I'd be shocked if all aren't retired by the end of January at the latest.

D: oh no.. i can't stand these buses. it seems like some of the lga depot b/os don't really like them either, and some of the elderly are complaining since they don't kneel. i'd really rather have rts's than this, lol. i'm so attached to them too :P

D: oh no.. i can't stand these buses. it seems like some of the lga depot b/os don't really like them either, and some of the elderly are complaining since they don't kneel. i'd really rather have rts's than this, lol. i'm so attached to them too :P

You mean the ex-Bee Liners?

yep!

Hmmm, never realized they couldn't kneel but they do have the wheelchair lifts equipped at the front door. They're not exactly built to the TA's specifications like the WMATA rejects Green Lines used to have so they're very different...

They do ride strong however, those Allison B400Rs are hella powerful!

Hmmm, never realized they couldn't kneel but they do have the wheelchair lifts equipped at the front door. They're not exactly built to the TA's specifications like the WMATA rejects Green Lines used to have so they're very different...

They do ride strong however, those Allison B400Rs are hella powerful!

that may be true but it's taking some time for the drivers and for me to get used to it, lol! always take the q18 at 6:56-:58am during the week, but it's always a couple of minutes late when it's an ex-bee line as compared to an orion 7...

For the MTA Bus Division, 84 Bee Line Orion Vs will be replacing the remainder of TMCs within the 1991-1994 range. As for New York City Bus, the 1994 TMCs are either being replaced by NovaBus RTSs, Orion VII OG or NG Hybrids.

(C)(S) I'm Waiting to see what you put up ???Do they start with A (D):P

That would be interesting, but I'd like my RTSs to stay! Nothing sounds better than a Detroit Diesel Series 50 DDEC & Allison VR-731 ATEC powertrain!

Ah the workers at LaGuardia really love these buses. It's Baisley Park that really hate these buses. These buses can kneel down and up and with the wheelchair lift as well. Some drivers just don't feel like kneeling down/up like always (or the classic excuse that the kneel feature is broken in which 99% of the time is not true).

Ah the workers at LaGuardia really love these buses. It's Baisley Park that really hate these buses. These buses can kneel down and up and with the wheelchair lift as well. Some drivers just don't feel like kneeling down/up like always (or the classic excuse that the kneel feature is broken in which 99% of the time is not true).

I heard the lie about the wheelchair lifts a few times.

That's not good, I don't think drivers are allowed to skip w/c riders. Unless maybe if the bus is already crowded - I think.

There are exceptions....

- Like you said bus is crowded, can't fit 1 or 2 wheelchair passenger.

- 2 wheelchair passengers already taken.

- mechanical malfunction on the lifts on the MCI, RTS, Orion V, D45S, D60HF buses.

That's not good, I don't think drivers are allowed to skip w/c riders. Unless maybe if the bus is already crowded - I think.

Unless the bus operator was told to flag stops already, two W/Cs are already on the bus, or (high-floor bus only) the lift is broken, the W/C must be let on. And if it's the last, it needs to be noted on the OVCR.

Furthermore, if there is more than a 30-minute scheduled wait until the next bus, another bus has to be sent.

Archived