Upcoming Fun on the L line

Starting tonight on the L line there will be a slow speed order in the river tube south bound do to the road bed and tracks being shipped out. What this means is CBTC R143's being held to less then 10mph or risk a BIE, or a CBTC

R143's following a R160 and having to stop in the tube because the CBTC system won't let it get to close to the R160. They are adding 3mins running time to the trip, but we all know who work the L that it will be more like

10mins more to the trip. If your planing to ride the L over the next 6 to 8 weeks please give yourself more travel time to get to were you want to go.

Great, now I will get a shit load of foamers in my territory now.

Edit: Now I will be delayed 10mins to and from school most likely with how close the trains run in the morning. Well good for the employees because its more time to BS in the crew room ;)

So there will be alot of stuff coming in and out of there. Sounds like a nice time for the photographers to be around there.

Not a nice time for me. I'm in it for the rides, photography is just a side thing I do while I'm out there.

Its all pending how fast the (L) is running besides during the rush. But oh well, now I know whats up with the (L), probably a line I won't ride for a while if I know the ride is gonna be the suck.

Not a nice time for me. I'm in it for the rides, photography is just a side thing I do while I'm out there.

Its all pending how fast the (L) is running besides during the rush. But oh well, now I know whats up with the (L), probably a line I won't ride for a while if I know the ride is gonna be the suck.

The L is a pretty fast line as long as everything is going well. If you get a sick customer, BIE, etc, the railroad blows up in a matter of seconds. If you get a train in front of you, slow ride the whole time aswell. Any little thing that happens on the Larry screws the whole line up.

The L is a pretty fast line as long as everything is going well. If you get a sick customer, BIE, etc, the railroad blows up in a matter of seconds. If you get a train in front of you, slow ride the whole time aswell. Any little thing that happens on the Larry screws the whole line up.

I said besides the rush. Granted, the (L) is a pretty damn fast line but like you said, if things are running smoothly.

Remember friday when I went to meet you guys? "The next Brooklyn-bound (L) train arrives in 14 minutes. The following Brooklyn-bound arrives in 33 minutes." And I heard that walking down the stairs at 6th Avenue and when I heard that I was like "holy hell" and walked right up and exit the system and walked to Union Square. I wasn't thinking right so I took a shot at the (L) but now I know, if I'm going to Union Square and I'm coming from Joisey, I'll walk from 6th Ave.

Isn't the L route a two track line most of the way?

Starting tonight on the L line there will be a slow speed order in the river tube south bound do to the road bed and tracks being shipped out. What this means is CBTC R143's being held to less then 10mph or risk a BIE, or a CBTC

R143's following a R160 and having to stop in the tube because the CBTC system won't let it get to close to the R160. They are adding 3mins running time to the trip, but we all know who work the L that it will be more like

10mins more to the trip. If your planing to ride the L over the next 6 to 8 weeks please give yourself more travel time to get to were you want to go.

is the slow speed restriction due to the tracks and ties not being cemented into the ground yet?

Between 7th Ave and 15th Street on the (F), they are replacing the tracks there on the south bound local. I always love to watch the progress when they do this work. The work does make my trip longer on the weekend when they send trains express. I will slow down the (L), Im just glad I dont use that line.

I said besides the rush. Granted, the (L) is a pretty damn fast line but like you said, if things are running smoothly.

Remember friday when I went to meet you guys? "The next Brooklyn-bound (L) train arrives in 14 minutes. The following Brooklyn-bound arrives in 33 minutes." And I heard that walking down the stairs at 6th Avenue and when I heard that I was like "holy hell" and walked right up and exit the system and walked to Union Square. I wasn't thinking right so I took a shot at the (L) but now I know, if I'm going to Union Square and I'm coming from Joisey, I'll walk from 6th Ave.

You should of stould and waited. Sometimes those annoucments are wrong. Ive had it say 23 mins and the next train came in about 2-3mins.

The waiting time on the (L) are not that long 4 Minutes during Rush Hours and 8 Minutes off peak and ofcause 20 Minutes after Midnight.

Those stations announcements can be wrong at times. I was at Canarcie waiting for my interval and the announcment say 10 Minutes the next train will depart and 2 trains departed in that time frame.

Archived