Any Other NYC Transit sites?

Bracamonte

Soitenly. In addition to NYC Transit Forums, there's;

*Rider's Diaries (part of NYPIRG - The New York Public Interest Research Group - Straphangers Campaign);

*Subchat (I think affiliated with nycsubway.org)

*Manhattan Express Forums

*Bus Talk III

*TTMG

*Railroad.net

*Downtown Jersey City List

*Wired JC

*Urban Areas.net (Seems to have replaced Morrisania.com)

Since transitspot.com, nycrail.com, transitpics.com, transitconnection.net, and some others exist no more, does anyone know any other reamining NYC Transit web sites?

Nycrail is long gone, it was a great site and was the interm board between Subtalk and Subchat. Last I heard, the guy who ran the site just up and left the hobby one day.

Soitenly. In addition to NYC Transit Forums, there's;

*Rider's Diaries (part of NYPIRG - The New York Public Interest Research Group - Straphangers Campaign);

*Subchat (I think affiliated with nycsubway.org)

*Manhattan Express Forums

*Bus Talk III

*TTMG

*Railroad.net

*Downtown Jersey City List

*Wired JC

*Urban Areas.net (Seems to have replaced Morrisania.com)

I don't think Subchat is affiliated with http://www.nycsubway.org. There is a link to that site on Subchat but the guy who runs nycsubway ran SubTalk, not SubChat.

Why do you need any others? This one is the best by itself.:(

BTW, what happened to SubTalk? Last time I went there, it said it was down.

Subtalk has been gone for years, I think since 2004 or so. The guy who ran it got tired of all the BS from some of the people. A year or 2 later Subchat opened, still with alot of the same crap. Subtalk was great because you could actually get alot of information. After it closed, alot of posters did not move over to Subchat.

Subtalk has been gone for years, I think since 2004 or so. The guy who ran it got tired of all the BS from some of the people. A year or 2 later Subchat opened, still with alot of the same crap. Subtalk was great because you could actually get alot of information. After it closed, alot of posters did not move over to Subchat.

Yup Subtalk still has a lot of useful info for those who are good with google just add "subtalk" somewhere in the search string, and then remember to go advanced and add "nycsubway.org" where it says limit results to this domain

Yup Subtalk still has a lot of useful info for those who are good with google just add "subtalk" somewhere in the search string, and then remember to go advanced and add "nycsubway.org" where it says limit results to this domain

site:nycsubway.org subtalk <your search terms here>

Could just type that directly into the Google search box.

Archived