R160 spotted at 168th st

dmouse

At 6:23 PM as I walked down the stairs to the (A)(C) downtown,

A R160 set from Jamaica pulled in on the (C) side of the platform.

AND IT WAS in revenue service.

it was signed up as the (E)Jamaica - 179st

I believe the lead car was 9882 (Im not 100% sure that's car #)

I strongly believe the train set you saw was burn testing, especially if the car number said 9882.

Smoke condition at Fifth Ave. sent that E train up there.

Not the first time................certainly not the last.

Smoke condition at Fifth Ave. sent that E train up there.

Not the first time................certainly not the last.

You're certainly right it hasn't been the first time. My friend experienced that emergency G.O. a few months ago. Absolutely right on the fact that it's nothing new at all.

Well, it's following the (C). I heard that before R160s came to the (Q), a problem on 4 Av caused an (N) to be sent via Brighton. It was signed up as a (Q).

There is programming for the R160s to read (N) VIA BRIGHTON.

Well, it's following the (C). I heard that before R160s came to the (Q), a problem on 4 Av caused an (N) to be sent via Brighton. It was signed up as a (Q).

I guess it depends on the C/R, if they want to reprogram the FIND or not. I was on an (F) that went over the (G) due to the same smoke condition and the C/R just suspended the announcements and made them him self. He did point out that it was a rerouted (F) at every stop to Queens Plaza.

I guess it depends on the C/R, if they want to reprogram the FIND or not. I was on an (F) that went over the (G) due to the same smoke condition and the C/R just suspended the announcements and made them him self. He did point out that it was a rerouted (F) at every stop to Queens Plaza.

Should have just reprogrammed it and not wasted so much energy.

That's true to some extent but its still an (E) train and it's not like everyone magically knows that it's not a (C) train. The R160's FIND feature is to provide for reroutes such as this. It's not hard to sign the train as a (E) via the re-routed route. (Via CPW/8th)

That's true to some extent but its still an (E) train and it's not like everyone magically knows that it's not a (C) train. The R160's FIND feature is to provide for reroutes such as this. It's not hard to sign the train as a (E) via the re-routed route. (Via CPW/8th)

I'm talking about the (F) via (G).

It's not worth it, once the train got to Queens Plaza it would have to be reprogrammed. It's just easier to manually make announcements. Plus they sound better anyway.

I strongly believe the train set you saw was burn testing, especially if the car number said 9882.

+1! 207th dont run on R160s only JAM, CIY and ENY r on R160s.. It must be a test..

Also next time take vid or photo if u have a cam with ya! Even a cell cam will do!

Something happened earlier around 1900 hrs causing N/B (E)s to run via the 6 Av Line. Not sure if this was also part of that smoke condition.

Same thing on the 4 Av Line .. (W) trains have been sent to 95 St signed as ®s, although the last time I saw one it was signed as a (W) to Whitehall St with the C/R making PA announcements pointing out that it was a W via the R Line. I was once on a (W) that was sent to 9 Av and ran with no signs at all, just PA announcements. I don't know if there is a rule about how it's supposed to be done, but it seems that the C/R or T/O has some discretion.

Archived