Which Operating System do you use?

Queens Surface

Which Operating System do you use?  

1. 1. Which Operating System do you use?

• Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000/98
    • Mac OS X 10
    • Mac OS X 10.5
    • Linux
    • MS-Dos
    • Windows 3.1

I'd recommend Mac. If you have any questions, you can always ask me (it's my other obsession).

Haha. Ya, thats what I was thinking since I get a few good suggestions by a few close friends. Pending what laptop I get in the end but it'll be a while so I gotz plenty of time to do more research and whatnot.

Wonderful Windows!!! can't stand mac's, linux i can't say cause i never used and MS-Dos sounds like fun even though i've only used it once (and had no clue what i was doing lol). i've also used windows 3.1 and it was ok, imagine today's windows but without the bottom start menu taskbar clock part

I use Window XP Media Center Edition. Can't tell much of a difference honestly between this and the regular one.

I think the only difference is how many computers you can network (limit 5 I believe). It's like that with the 'Home' edition. They might be the same.

Media Edition is suppose to be more Media friendly, but there is really no difference. Just differences in the software they give you vs XP Home/Pro.

Don't even get me started on Macs/Apples. I have my many reasons for not using Apples, and one of the major ones is because I'm a Gamer.

Media Edition is suppose to be more Media friendly, but there is really no difference. Just differences in the software they give you vs XP Home/Pro.

Don't even get me started on Macs/Apples. I have my many reasons for not using Apples, and one of the major ones is because I'm a Gamer.

As long as you don't start a hate-fest, I'm fine.

apple is ok. they are the original computers in the 80's, so i understand they are not that good.

its the MAC's they really piss me off. they are IMPOSSIBLE to use! especially the new ones! can't even write a CD @ school with those things!

Right click>create new burn folder>drag items into burn folder>open burn folder>click burn>insert CD... FYI error. What kind are they anyway, or at least what do they look like, they could very well be a decade old. But yeah, I know it seems like it's hard to learn something from nothing, and it's different from what you're used to, as it is a different OS, but many things are similar. I chose Mac because I was tired of the whole windows thing. I haven't regretted my switch at all, everything I find is much more intuitive IMO. As for windows, don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate it anymore, but each OS has it's advantages. I've found that my switch has made me quite a bit more productive without losing much of anything I once had from Windows (although finding a good paint replacement was a minor task). I'm fond of how everything is organized on my Mac, an organization program for my photos, one for my videos, and one for my music. As well, the Unix side of OSX is much better than its Windows equivalent. However, despite the advantages, I find a few troubles, such as how BVE is Windows only, as with a few other things, but there's always bootcamp for that, but I'll leave it at that, as I do not want to start any hateful relationships based on my preferred computer. Peace all.

Here everyone's opinions are listened to and respected. You don't ever have to worry about that here. Ever!

It's a little nervous habbit I've acquired. I've come under a lot of fire in the past for my Mac use, especially a few friends who are fellow techies. Not to worry, they've become attuned to my personal traits and all is going well. I might be a little over protective of what in my opponion is a wonderful thing. It's kinda an automatic defense.B)

Right click>create new burn folder>drag items into burn folder>open burn folder>click burn>insert CD... FYI error. What kind are they anyway, or at least what do they look like, they could very well be a decade old. But yeah, I know it seems like it's hard to learn something from nothing, and it's different from what you're used to, as it is a different OS, but many things are similar. I chose Mac because I was tired of the whole windows thing. I haven't regretted my switch at all, everything I find is much more intuitive IMO. As for windows, don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate it anymore, but each OS has it's advantages. I've found that my switch has made me quite a bit more productive without losing much of anything I once had from Windows (although finding a good paint replacement was a minor task). I'm fond of how everything is organized on my Mac, an organization program for my photos, one for my videos, and one for my music. As well, the Unix side of OSX is much better than its Windows equivalent. However, despite the advantages, I find a few troubles, such as how BVE is Windows only, as with a few other things, but there's always bootcamp for that, but I'll leave it at that, as I do not want to start any hateful relationships based on my preferred computer. Peace all.

their the new one MAC OS X.

i did open up the burn folder, and i did insert a CD (which is like 4 GB btw). every time i click on burn it says i need at least 20 MB of free space on the CD (again the CD is brand new and has 4 GB). and then 2 seconds later it spits the cd back out.

i find windows more easy to use to be honest, mac's confuse me

their the new one MAC OS X.

i did open up the burn folder, and i did insert a CD (which is like 4 GB btw). every time i click on burn it says i need at least 20 MB of free space on the CD (again the CD is brand new and has 4 GB). and then 2 seconds later it spits the cd back out.

i find windows more easy to use to be honest, mac's confuse me

Leopard, right, but what model? White iMac, aluminum iMac, Mac Mini, etc? Maybe take a picture, if you're unsure, I can help. But yeah, maybe this will work, insert the CD after you hit burn, when it asks for it :). Also, that's a DVD just to be OCD about it. One thing that does annoy me about Macs is that it also depends on which Mac it is. Some Macs can't burn a DVD (which sucks a lot), but all should burn a CD (if they're relatively modern).

Leopard, right, but what model? White iMac, aluminum iMac, Mac Mini, etc? Maybe take a picture, if you're unsure, I can help. But yeah, maybe this will work, insert the CD after you hit burn, when it asks for it :D. Also, that's a DVD just to be OCD about it. One thing that does annoy me about Macs is that it also depends on which Mac it is. Some Macs can't burn a DVD (which sucks a lot), but all should burn a CD (if they're relatively modern).

well here in NY: NO camera's, cell phones, ipod's, any toys at school here so no pic lol

it's the flat screen ones where the CD's load in the side and they are the new mac's.

to be honest even those these new ones are faster and more reliable, i actually liked the old Mac OS 9 and 8.7 better cause they were more straightforward and easier to use and also when they crash there was the bomb error and the dead mac :)

well here in NY: NO camera's, cell phones, ipod's, any toys at school here so no pic lol

it's the flat screen ones where the CD's load in the side and they are the new mac's.

to be honest even those these new ones are faster and more reliable, i actually liked the old Mac OS 9 and 8.7 better cause they were more straightforward and easier to use and also when they crash there was the bomb error and the dead mac :)

I see. That's an iMac, if it's aluminum, it can burn anything up to a DVD. If it's white it probably wont burn anything more than a CD due to schools being cheap. Truly, newer OSs tend to make things a little more complicated than they should be, but technology advances and software takes advantage of it. The old Macs were pretty cool though. They had a death chime too :D. If you want to make your teachers freak out, press ctrl+option+apple+8, it's not devastating, but they shouldn't know what happened :cool:. That inverts your screen colors...

Archived