12-28-09 Some SEPTA Pics

Fred G

Hi all. I met up with some SubChatters and others in Philadelphia for some railfanning. Here's a small sample of what we saw and rode.

03+Silverliner+IV+331+arriving+at+Jenkintown.jpg

Silverliner IV arriving at Jenkintown

11+Broad+St+Subway+train+arriving+at+Fern+Rock.jpg

BSS at Fern Rock

Silverliner+II+208+and+AEM7+2301+at+Fern+Rock.jpg

Silverliner II and SEPTA AEM7 2301 at Fern Rock

26+North+Philadelphia.jpg

BSS North Philly

50+Lowering+the+trolley+pole+2.jpg

Trackless trolley (that we rode to Frankford)

53+MFL+train+approaching+Frankford.jpg

Market-Frankford train

61+2324+is+the+Christmas+PCC.jpg

Christmas wreath on PCC 2324

64+Festive+2324+interior.jpg

...and festive lights inside

77+Parting+shot+at+Woodcrest.jpg

My PATCO train drops me off at Woodcrest.

Album here

Thanks for looking.

Nice photos. It is nice to see robust, high quality american railcars, such as the silverliner II, and the SUPER BUDD PATCO SPEEDLINE UNITS. Shows the real american quality, though it is a shame that the international oligarchy tripped america into being de-industrialized. It is up to us now to bring back america... the CITIZENRY, not obama, not clintons, not the bush, but we, the citizenry must do it for ourselves.

great pics

thanks joe!

Nice photos. It is nice to see robust, high quality american railcars, such as the silverliner II, and the SUPER BUDD PATCO SPEEDLINE UNITS. Shows the real american quality, though it is a shame that the international oligarchy tripped america into being de-industrialized. It is up to us now to bring back america... the CITIZENRY, not obama, not clintons, not the bush, but we, the citizenry must do it for ourselves.

thanks, err, no extra charge for the soapbox I hope? :):P

ooo i see someone becoming a bus fan B)

50+Lowering+the+trolley+pole+2.jpg

hehe! Excellent pixs Fredrick!

Oh man I am soooo busted :o hehe make that bustituted

Thanks for the compliment, Mark ;)

Awesome photos, Fred.

Those trolleys and trolleybuses in Philadelphia are so cool. I hadn't ridden a trolley in 3 years. :tup:

Thanks, Paul. I love fanning in Philly as there's so much different stuff to pick from.

How dare you tour the awesomest mass transit system without letting me know in advance!!!! taking :septa: photos will be charged $50.00 each.

LOL

Good pics. And I love the sky in the PATCO pic!

Haha, thanks, and the check is in the mail ;);)

Epic photos Fred... You even caught the festive PCC. The operator decorates it himself, there was a thing in a paper or something about a year or so ago about him & how he has been running the PCC cars for like 45 years since before :septa:, and corrects people extremely politely calling it a trolly that it's a streetcar. :cool:

I will do SEPTA sometime this summer.

Mayhaps i can join ya!

- A

Epic photos Fred... You even caught the festive PCC. The operator decorates it himself, there was a thing in a paper or something about a year or so ago about him & how he has been running the PCC cars for like 45 years since before :septa:, and corrects people extremely politely calling it a trolly that it's a streetcar. :cool:

Mayhaps i can join ya!

- A

Thanks, bud, the Midwinter Trips have been outstanding. This was my 5th one and I wouldn't miss them for anything.

We enjoyed riding the festive PCC and that guy is a hoot, to be sure B)

Thanks for the compliment and put me on the list for a summer SEPTA trip :tup:

Archived