Anyone know why Bee-Line went with NABIs instead of Orion VIIs?

Bx41 Wakefield

Because BeeLine,unlike the MTA,has a damn brain and realized that the Orion's were pure garbage.So they went with a manufactuer that builds better buses than Orion,namely NABI.I'll take a NABI over a O7 any day of the week.(1)(A)(C)

NABI builds better buses? That is simply not true. (cough)CTA's artics(cough)

Simply tender and delivery time - NABI bid low to get a foothold in the region.

Thank god it wasnt Gillig. Orion got DQ. New Flyer was close to winning the bid. NABI was lucky to won because they were the low bid.

Weren't those VII's supposed to come over to MTAB along with the O5's? What happened with that?

No, MTA just wanted their old Vs.

NABI builds better buses? That is simply not true. (cough)CTA's artics(cough)

I read that. Talking about the articulated joint, was cracking, and they feared the bus was going to break or pull apart, in that section. Sad thing is they built the 416 articulated. Were there any problems with those? CTA sued, and now got New Flyers. Other sad part is no one knows how well will the NovaBus LFS hold up. NovaBus is new to making and designing Articulated buses, especially low floor........

The fiasco with CTA and the NABI artics were not NABI's fault.It was CTA's.Like NJT,CTA asked for too much when ordering those buses and thus were doomed to suck from the get go.The NABI 416,NABI 40-LFW and even the NABI 436 are all good,solid model's.Again it always depends on the specs asked for.Ask for screwed up specs,you get a screwed up bus.Its that simple.

I read that. Talking about the articulated joint, was cracking, and they feared the bus was going to break or pull apart, in that section. Sad thing is they built the 416 articulated. Were there any problems with those? CTA sued, and now got New Flyers. Other sad part is no one knows how well will the NovaBus LFS hold up. NovaBus is new to making and designing Articulated buses, especially low floor........

I rode the LFS's that CTA has and I was quite impressed with them.They sounded great and rode good.I can say that Novabus has a good money maker on thier hands.

Just lowfloor artics, as they made highfloor artic classics for Quebec City and Halifax

I thought MCI made Classics..........

MCI did but sold the plant and Classic design to Nova , after the Quebec City and Halifax order Nova discontinued the Classic artic. Quebec City retired their's last year and Halifax's should be going soon as they have a new order of Artics coming

Archived