Failing Grade: Many NYC public school lunches meals high in salt as fast food chains

Shortline Bus

If you eat meals at any of the NYC Public schools, as a student or Teacher/Employee, you probably eating too much salt. According to surveys and study, many of the meals getting a failing grade in nutrition mainly sodium which is almost the same as fast food resturant meals like McDondalds. Here story and feel to comment.

FYI. As most of you are aware, high salty foods could lead to health problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2010/02/01/2010-02-01_untitled__lunch01m.html

School lunch has sucked always! And still fatty food, while bloobag wants to fight obesity??

Breakfast is ok compared to Lunch!

Heh, Pizza cheese looks like bird Sh9t anyways..

Some of the food comes with a roach..

One day a few yrs ago in HS, i opened up a Milk container and i see a dead roach inside it.. Disgusting!! No i didnt DRINK it!

School lunch has sucked always! And still fatty food, while bloobag wants to fight obesity??

Breakfast is ok compared to Lunch!

Heh, Pizza cheese looks like bird Sh9t anyways..

Some of the food comes with a roach..

One day a few yrs ago in HS, i opened up a Milk container and i see a dead roach inside it.. Disgusting!! No i didnt DRINK it!

Yuck. Roaches in food for lunch food? :P:eek:

Off topic for moment. About 5-6 years i saw a roach on floor of a former Roy Rogers at the location now closed on Park Place near Bway(now a subway resturant) near wtc site.

I pay for all food here at college.

But I don't always eat it. Normally I will gladly eat my own food. I can make/cook oatmeal, green beans, fries, tater tots, noodles, certain soups, etc. I am a vegetarian. And I don't like roaches in my food. Even if they were cuisine prepared by cooking on the 3rd rail. BTW I saw a dead mouse inside a can of what was supposed to be pineapple!!!

The reason why school food sucks is because the administration wants to say, "You hate school? Well I will make you hate it more and more and you can't do anything about it! MMUAAHAHAAHAAA!!!!" That is cruel and unusual punishment. ALL the schools I went to, however, charged money for everything. So "free food" is somrething I will never experience unless I am at certain churches.

they should get like KFC or someone to just run the caffateria

My school had the cafeteria thing outsourced to another company (Aramark). Having seen both eras of cafeteria (when the district staffed it and when Aramark staffed it), i'd have to say there was zero improvement.

Can you imagine the cost of having KFC do caferteria work for nyc schools!!!Man If they had KFC in the caferteria,no one would go back to class and phys ed would be obselete because everyone would be in the caferteria eating KFC (Killing Fresh Chickens)

Oh noes. Fatty foods. Think of the children...

When I attended Brooklyn Tech from 1999 to 2003 I hated the school lunch. The pizza didn't even taste like pizza. The hamburgers tasted like fake meat. The good news is that they used to sell pretzels. They also had a vending machine with Snapple (I'm sure Bloomturd got rid of both).

Oh noes. Fatty foods. Think of the children...

When I attended Brooklyn Tech from 1999 to 2003 I hated the school lunch. The pizza didn't even taste like pizza. The hamburgers tasted like fake meat. The good news is that they used to sell pretzels. They also had a vending machine with Snapple (I'm sure Bloomturd got rid of both).

I think the term you are looking for is "mystery meat":p

Archived