Subway Bottlenecks/Congestion Points

EE Broadway Local

I don't care about free or what-not transfers, at least if the tracks are connected within 1/2 mile of the area, I won't need any arguements, at least that is how I say it and it's my way and opinion...

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Those are three distinct stations that do not share a single fare control and have no direct physical (straphanger/pedestrian) connection to each other whatsoever. Therefore, they do not comprise a station complex.

I don't care about free or what-not transfers, at least if the tracks are connected within 1/2 mile of the area, I won't need any arguements, at least that is how I say it and it's my way and opinion...

Yet another eloquent post from our resident prose artist...

Harder to follow than a bad Tom Cruise movie...

I do not care about people traffic, free-transfers, fare control or what-not. I care about track connection, where trains run and go into a bottleneck/congestion zone. The track connection(s) let me say it is a Station Complex.

I could replace it to 23rd Ely, 45th Court House and Court Sq. if you want a compromise, :facepalm:...

Out resident Prose Artist is Tom Cruise?!? Why is it so hard to follow him in bad movies?!?

Still making foolish posts right after your farewell message? It's not hard to understand 7LineFan or anyone else statements when you just skim by like road runner.

I do not care about people traffic, free-transfers, fare control or what-not. I care about track connection, where trains run and go into a bottleneck/congestion zone. The track connection(s) let me say it is a Station Complex.

But just cuz its all near each other, doesn't mean that they're prone to delays. That's like saying Livonia on the (L) & Junius on the (3) (I think that's the right station) are prone to delays cuz they're near each other and indirectly connected to each other.

I could replace it to 23rd Ely, 45th Court House and Court Sq. if you want a compromise, :facepalm:

That's even worse cuz: A. Those stations aren't prone to delays. B. 1 of those 3 stations is part of a different division and C. Said station is above ground and is nowhere near connected to the other 2.

Yet another eloquent post from our resident prose artist...

Harder to follow than a bad Tom Cruise movie...

(R)(MTA)(T)(F)(L)(M)(A)(MTA)

But just cuz its all near each other, doesn't mean that they're prone to delays. That's like saying Livonia on the (L) & Junius on the (3) (I think that's the right station) are prone to delays cuz they're near each other and indirectly connected to each other.

That's even worse cuz: A. Those stations aren't prone to delays. B. 1 of those 3 stations is part of a different division and C. Said station is above ground and is nowhere near connected to the other 2.

(R)(MTA)(T)(F)(L)(M)(A)(MTA)

I think what Megabus is trying to say is the (R) connects to the (N) so they can switch together & cause delays

I think what Megabus is trying to say is the (R) connects to the (N) so they can switch together & cause delays

He was saying that, but he also said that Queensboro Plaza and Queens Plaza have that track connection so they can be called a station complex, which is false.

Anyways it's a moot point now since if he really did leave, he won't be replying to this anytime soon.

Regardless of whether or not you call it a station complex, it isnt a particularly bad area for train congestion. No at grade crossings are in use, which allows the junction to work fairly well.

The two really bad junctions as far as I have experienced are the 2/3 split north of 135 and the 2/3/4/5 clusterf**k south of Franklin ave. 59/8 and Dekalb are both awful, but that is due to tower ineptness

Anyways it's a moot point now since if he really did leave, he won't be replying to this anytime soon.

shhhhhhhhhh, dont encourage AAWang to come back at looking at this topic when he is going to break his lame farewell speech.

shhhhhhhhhh, dont encourage AAWang to come back at looking at this topic when he is going to break his lame farewell speech.

Trust me, when people want to up and leave, they'll just do it without notice. Zman said the same thing.

Why are you even attempting to bother justifying his post? It's not a complex because you need to go into Manhattan to connect back. Hell IMO the F at 63rd-Lex is hardly concidered part of the Lex-59th St 'complex' and that's a MC transfer.

Archived