R68 B Train sighting

R68 Subway Car

i think the increase of R68 B trains is a sign that the 40 Slants will be completely gone in the near future... :D

instead of putting R68's on the B they should put another RFW model such as the R38 or the R42. not the R32 yet though because the E needs them

i think the increase of R68 B trains is a sign that the 40 Slants will be completely gone in the near future... :D

instead of putting R68's on the B they should put another RFW model such as the R38 or the R42. not the R32 yet though because the E needs them

CI yard has too many diffient car fleets they want to make maintaining cars more simple because CI has four diffent car fleets right now. The R68/A the R40S the R40M and the R160s. Putting R68s on the (:D makes sence makes it easier for the car maintainers.

Sorry to really dissapoint you but there are more than 40 Slants awating thier fate in Coney Island Yard..

Bring it up to 50 or 60 now three tracks worth...

Sorry to really dissapoint you but there are more than 40 Slants awating thier fate in Coney Island Yard..

Bring it up to 50 or 60 now three tracks worth...

That's dissapointing. I feel like crying now...

I wonder if the MTA will give me one if I ask...

I saw a 8 car train set of R68 Subway Cars parked near Sheepshead Bay, as I went to and left my dentist appointment. The cars in this consist were 2836-2837-2839-2838-2876-2877-2879-2878.

The term wouldn't be "parked" but layed up per say.

But now as for the sighting, nothing new, just doesn't happen every so often. But expect to see alot more layed up R68/As with (:D signs on them on Brighton.

I guess I rode today in Manhattan-bound R68 5118 or 5119 Q train.

when saw this parked R68s.

Sorry I dont pay attention to R68 car nuber, yet with R40 R40M number I am very strict.

There ware R40 and R40M parked north of R68.

R40's 4250 car was precisely at Gravesend Neck. And R40'm north end was a few steps south from Avenue U. The last car of R50M had even K designator ;)

This is my photo of parked R40

1_R40_4250.jpg

It was about 12:30 PM

Archived