3 teens meet fate while trespassing on rail trestle.

metsfan

Authorities in Melbourne say three girls were struck and killed by a train on the Crane Creek trestle bridge.

Melbourne fire and police departments received phone calls shortly before 6:30 p.m. reporting that there were youths who had been walking on the bridge, one reporting that one of the victims had fallen into the creek.

Investigation revealed that a male youth and three girls had been walking southbound across the bridge near New Haven and Prospect avenues.

Police said the boy crossed the bridge ahead of the girls, saw the southbound train heading toward them and tried to warn them. None of the three were able to get to safety before they were fatally struck.

The names of the victims have not yet been released pending notification of next of kin.

This case is being investigated by the Melbourne Police Department and Florida East Coast Railway Police. At this time, it is unknown why the juveniles were walking on the train tracks.

Melbourne firefighters and police searched the area with the help of the Brevard County Sheriff's Office helicopter and the Melbourne Beach Volunteer Fire Department's Water Rescue Unit.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22623143/detail.html?hpt=T2

---------------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep trespassing on live tracks?!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

- A

I just saw the news video AOL had, and you know whats F'd up? After the video played it says "Sponserd links: Kindertrains.com, Thomas trains on sale" Thats pretty low I'd say.

Dude, they totally need to screen those ads, especially for tragic stories.

- A

I heard on the news supposedly that they were taking pictures... of what? I have no clue.

If they wanted to take photos, you call Florida East Coast RR & get a permit and they will work with you. You don't go out in the middle of a highway in traffic, why would you go on rail tracks???

- A

If they wanted to take photos, you call Florida East Coast RR & get a permit and they will work with you. You don't go out in the middle of a highway in traffic, why would you go on rail tracks???

- A

Keyword: Teenagers.

All this means is that there's just a little bit more room for the rest of us. :cool:

Here here! Just cleaning up the pool thats all. Too bad the shithead on the (N) did not meet the same fate. My condolences to the train crew and first responders, as for the 3 DOAs, I bet they won't do that again.

as for the 3 DOAs, I bet they won't do that again.

Reminds me of a story I read this morning. ;)

DOA found in transit, cop is waiting on him. Central radios for an update on the situation. He responds: "still dead, central."

Not necessarily. All of us were teenagers at one time and never thought of nor did anything that stupid.

Well most teenagers do really, REALLY stupid things. Are you talking on behalf on the whole forum or just the thread? Most people in the forum have problems.:tdown:

Well most teenagers do really, REALLY stupid things. Are you talking on behalf on the whole forum or just the thread? Most people in the forum have problems.:tdown:

They're railfans that's not saying much :(

I wouldn't say "most" do really really stupid things. It's about 45/55. But those that DO stupid things tend to do it spectacularly and it often blows up in their face (sometimes quite literally - see below). But many don't and that shouldn't be overlooked.

That said, enjoy:

Archived