SRO experiment on the (E)

Matt91

AFTER THEY LEAVE MANHATTAN and head to Brooklyn it's reverse peak.

No, because the peak service is being provided when trains are heading from Queens towards Manhattan in the a.m. and from Manhattan to Queens in the p.m.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AFTER THEY LEAVE MANHATTAN and head to Brooklyn it's reverse peak.

Look, the fact is, yes, S/B trains south of manhattan is reverse peak. but trains out of Jamaica in the AM start as peak. and those missing peak trains will not only affect those riders from Queens, but also affect riders who board trains WITHIN manhattan. Your looking to make the E run with overcapacity. Queens bound E's in the AM are PACKED from Penn to East Midtown. so northbound AM E's have to run as frequent as S/B. WTC is only 2 tracks. Adding more E's will cause delays from congestion. So what did the MTA do? found a possible way to have more people on the existing trains. So, whats the problem?

If I get on that train, and I need to sit,one of them seats is coming down...

And when you leave put that crap back up so the (E) riders don't get a seat, cuz they really don't deserve it.

They slip this train in an interval when it's crowded as hell so I hope every (E) train gets fitted like this.

Since I actually ride the (E) on a daily basis I have to say this idea sucks. It is possible to get a seat on the (E) if you're meticulous about it and you know which cars have open seats. You'll never get a seat in the first or last cars. The middle cars have seats.

whats more important: letting trains pass by untill one comes along with maybe one seat, or being able to get on the first train that comes in regardless and get to work on time. $2.25 doesnt guarantee a seat, it guarantees a ride. even premium fares (i.e. express bus, railroad) doesnt guarantee a seat. Priorities man. Seriously!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived