SRO experiment on the (E)

Matt91

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Yorkers should be able to read newspapers on the train while standing up.

Anyways, I think this interior actually looks better than the ones with normal benches. Those give off kind of a prison feel because of the bars at the ends of the benches.

This is bullcrap. Now I can't even read the Daily News on the train. And they want more money for this? At least on the express bus I can get a SEAT.

WOW,you can't read a newspaper cause it's packed.i never thought you'd take it as a big deal.if you don't like the little details then move out of NY,other then that your whining makes you look a little kid.

This is bullcrap. Now I can't even read the Daily News on the train. And they want more money for this? At least on the express bus I can get a SEAT.

Huh? Since when does the ability to read depend on whether or not you're sitting?

Well the seats look like SMEE R26 thru 42

But i dont like this idea at all, just for extra room? If a disable or senior citizen comes in, the trains is full.. How on earth are you supposet to sit?!

Hopefully the seats dont break when sum idiot jumps on it..

I can't wait until they put that R160 in service on the (E), I want to see them get angry, That would Be the Funnest Part of it all.

Well...only a group of certain people will be angry but I need to see that train so I can proceed to LMAO at the (E) riders! X-D

And?

Do you always have to make a snide remark?

Only when you blow something out of proportion and you make your self the center of the universe. Not every thing the MTA does is meant to please you, this "experiment" (who's to say you will even ride this train) is a test to see it is worth being done. The idea is about increasing capacity during rush hour so more people can get on the train and have to wait less. I guess it's just too much to ask for a 25 YO to stand for part of your commute. If you really don't like, wait for the next train or just don't get on the subway at all. I personally do not like the idea of a seat less train car, but I do see the logic behind it.

Do you always have to make a snide remark?

Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill and calm down. Stop thinking everyone is coming at you out of nowhere when that isn't the case, because you're putting it on yourself.

If you want people to be reasonable with you then you need to stop with this "it's all about me" attitude.

If a train is so crowded that they have to take away seats then there's something inherently wrong with that route. This is just a Band-Aid solution. With the (E)'s ridership it needs to run every 3 minutes. I'm not going to get into the (F) on 63rd Street fiasco but the (E) needs more trains, even if it means cutting back a few (F) trains.

Dude, you seriously need to take a chill pill and calm down. Stop thinking everyone is coming at you out of nowhere when that isn't the case, because you're putting it on yourself.

If you want people to be reasonable with you then you need to stop with this "it's all about me" attitude.

Very well. I had a bad day because of something totally unrelated to mass transit. It was wrong to take out my anger on people who had nothing to do with it.

I'm not going to get into the (F) on 63rd Street fiasco but the (E) needs more trains, even if it means cutting back a few (F) trains.

But then you create an over crowding situation on the (F) so you not solving any problem, you are just moving it. What really needed to happen was an expansion of Jamaica Yard and CIY and for transit to not have reefed all the R32 that they did. They should have kept them around even as the R160s came in so that the (C) and (G) could run full length trains and add more trains on other lines.

But then you create an over crowding situation on the (F) so you not solving any problem, you are just moving it. What really needed to happen was an expansion of Jamaica Yard and CIY and for transit to not have reefed all the R32 that they did. They should have kept them around even as the R160s came in so that the (C) and (G) could run full length trains and add more trains on other lines.

Agreed 100%, especially now that the hopes for an Option 3 is dead.

I can't wait until they put that R160 in service on the (E), I want to see them get angry, That would Be the Funnest Part of it all.

it's already in service. Coincidentally, this set is also testing video cameras. And the only people that should be complaining are the ones who actually need the seats (elderly, handicapped, and the like). People also seem to forget that this would be during rush hours only and the seats are adjustable. I wonder though, speaking of that, if some seats would have to be left down to accomodate those groups under ADA of something like that.

Archived