Freeze on T/O schoolcar classes

Andrew

There is a freeze on new T/O schoolcar classes.The last one was earlier this month.I heard this frm my schoolcar T/Os today.Dont know how long it is going to last,but for those who took test 2085...just be patient and take this time to get your bodies in decent physical shape.it is going to be helpful for you in the long run.

is this freeze directly due to a financial emergency?

http://www.cs.state.ny.us/pio/publications/summofcsl.pdf

"Additionally,

should a financial emergency restrict the filling of vacancies, the Department of

Civil Service may, in its discretion, extend the duration of the list for a period

equivalent to the length of the restriction." -page 9

I WANT THIS LIST TO EXPIRE IN OCTOBER LMAO

There is a freeze on new T/O schoolcar classes.The last one was earlier this month.I heard this frm my schoolcar T/Os today.Dont know how long it is going to last,but for those who took test 2085...just be patient and take this time to get your bodies in decent physical shape.it is going to be helpful for you in the long run.

Quit starting rumors dude. There is no school car freeze. People like you are all over these boards posting crap thats untrue.

Quit starting rumors dude. There is no school car freeze. People like you are all over these boards posting crap thats untrue.

it wouldnt surprise me if that were true..........with layoffs looming, why would they hire more operators?

I dont start rumors,I only post about what I have heard.There was supposed to be a new T/O class each month,there is currently a freeze on that.There wont be a new T/O class for march.Whether it is only this month or next as well and so on,I dont know.

I Never said they were laying off T/Os.This is just a freeze in induction classes for a period of time,how long I dont know.

none of us have gotten our official scores back yet but when i checked my answers online (i checked them twice to make sure), i got 3 wrong out of 80. that gives me a tentative score of 96.25 but i challenged all 3 i got wrong in the protest review session so its possible (though not probable) that i can still score 100. but anyway, a 96.25 might go farther on this test than the last one because so many ppl said it was harder (and didnt know where Hunter College was hehe. that was one of the questions on the test)

none of us have gotten our official scores back yet but when i checked my answers online (i checked them twice to make sure), i got 3 wrong out of 80. that gives me a tentative score of 96.25 but i challenged all 3 i got wrong in the protest review session so its possible (though not probable) that i can still score 100. but anyway, a 96.25 might go farther on this test than the last one because so many ppl said it was harder (and didnt know where Hunter College was hehe. that was one of the questions on the test)

I thought the hunter college question was on the conductor test?

It was on the T/O exam, I wouldn't know about the conductor exam since I never took that. There is no excuse for somebody born in NYC to get that question wrong.

Then I got that mixed up with the c/o test. where is hunter college at again? lol. when i was 14 i used to sneak in there and take pizza hut pizza's from the cafeteria and run away

It was on the T/O exam, I wouldn't know about the conductor exam since I never took that. There is no excuse for somebody born in NYC to get that question wrong.

u would be surprised some people dont know how to get around nyc by subway or bus...........lol..........

• 1 month later...
There is no freeze - there is a temporary lull due to some WD internal restructuring. An updated hiring plan was to have been released today, but I was at a funeral in NJ. When more is known, I'll post.

Instructors sent to the road.

Conductors in May, Train Operators in June.

• 3 weeks later...
Instructors sent to the road.

Conductors in May, Train Operators in June.

Alex for a school car tss with inside knowledge, you sure don't keep it updated. There is a hold on all RTO hiring at the moment. Please stop leading people to believe they are getting hired.

Alex for a school car tss with inside knowledge, you sure don't keep it updated. There is a hold on all RTO hiring at the moment. Please stop leading people to believe they are getting hired.

Then why, as of early this week, does a friend of mine who works in school car scheduled to teach a class of C/Rs in May?

Then why, as of early this week, does a friend of mine who works in school car scheduled to teach a class of C/Rs in May?

Because your friend is wrong, mistaken, has not received up to date information, or is lying to you. What do I know though? I've been right every single time.

And for all of your information, there is another reason why they are laying off station agents and cleaners besides wanting to do so before the economy got bad. Many of the ones getting laid off are at top pay, meaning they will get to top pay for conductor immediately when they get called up for the conductor promotion. By laying them off, they stop paying them their top pay salaries as station agents, and also end up exhausting the promo c/r list faster, instead bringing in new conductors from the o/c list at $18.xx and hour instead of about $26 or $27 an hour, what ever top pay is for conductor now. That's about 9 dollars an hour less they will pay for o/c conductors. Without overtime, that equates to $360 less per week they have to pay new conductors, and $18,720 for the first year. With over time extra extra conductors would get, transit would save even more per employee. They were planning a May conductor class, but they scrapped it. They are definitely not going to do it until they finally get to lay off the Station Agents, which will be some time soon, after the court case is done. So BTwhat ever your name is, keep your opinions to yourself, when you have no clue, and no one asked for it.

Archived