Why so many R142s at 207 st yard?

trainfan22

This really makes no sense.....the R142s arent the worse car ever made...theyre not rusting...theyre not filled with asbestos...they arent held together with duct tape....and they keep the IRT moving and they operate on overcapacitated lines that reqiure them to keep moving in order to keep the Bx Manhattan and Brooklyn moving....if the Redbirds are so great....why the hell are they in the ocean....why arent the R142s in the Atlantic

This futher proves my point that the R142/As are the worse trains ever made. When the redbirds were still around the only have take one or two cars out of service. Not a whole five car set these trains are JUNK.The MTA should have tested all of this stuff out with the R110a.These R142s are going though hell but slowly though. These trains are only going to get worse as time goes on.I wonder what the city is going to do when these R142s really start breaking down.
The R142/As are no where near bad condition.

Listen, there was a A Div car shortage not anymore, it was discontinued in March the fleet has enough cars to run thier service, so stop arguing.

If you "see" a displaced R62A set anywhere its because the respective barn havent gotten around to getting it back yet.

Now you may see a R142 set in 207 from time to time as well if its in the overhaul shop they are doing truck work since East 180, 239 and Westchester Yard Barns dont have the equipment to do it.

Now behave both of you...

This really makes no sense.....the R142s arent the worse car ever made...theyre not rusting...theyre not filled with asbestos...they arent held together with duct tape....and they keep the IRT moving and they operate on overcapacitated lines that reqiure them to keep moving in order to keep the Bx Manhattan and Brooklyn moving....if the Redbirds are so great....why the hell are they in the ocean....why arent the R142s in the Atlantic

Sigh....

1]There too young to rust. The only reason why redbirds had rust problems is because of acid they used to clean the train in the 80s. And that weaken the frames....

2]The redbirds werent held togther with ductape....

3] What does that have to do with anything.....

4] Oh my god dude they got retired because of old age and SOME fleets had rust issues. And for the record there are still a lot of redbirds in service in C div. And the R142s are not ready for retirement yet theres a lot of reasons why the MTA cant reef them. The redbirds are better than the R142s in every way. The R26s lasted from 1958 to 2002 44 years in service. And the whole R33ML fleet still extists in C div. And not to mention the redbirds that ran on tuesday on the (7) line. The redbirds are great cars so if you are trying to say they suck then you fail.

Look,I could give 2 shits about this useless topic about your unusual obseesion with the redbirds....theyre the past the R142s are here get used to them and stop bitchin because nobody really cares...I liked the redbirds but theyre gone oh well theyre just subway cars calm down and think about what you say instead of trying to be right all the time

Listen, there was a A Div car shortage not anymore, it was discontinued in March the fleet has enough cars to run thier service, so stop arguing.

If you "see" a displaced R62A set anywhere its because the respective barn havent gotten around to getting it back yet.

Now you may see a R142 set in 207 from time to time as well if its in the overhaul shop they are doing truck work since East 180, 239 and Westchester Yard Barns dont have the equipment to do it.

Now behave both of you...

Thank you. And sure, I hate arguing anyway...

Archived