Fold up Seats R160B

jimbob60

I think he means it more as sarcasm.

=

But enough is enough already, there is no conspiracy to 'shaft' E riders.

Plus as i've been stating, if E riders wanted the R160s so much over the R32s, then they have them. R32s would not have had this 'issue' about the fold up seats.

So to E riders: just shut up and put up, otherwise ride something else. No one is guaranteed a seat anyway [even though I live 'close' to a terminal, I don't always get a seat on the train - should I complain about that?]. This whole whining about the loss of seats [one one f'ing train set] is getting old.

You are the man!

I think he means it more as sarcasm.

=

But enough is enough already, there is no conspiracy to 'shaft' E riders.

Plus as i've been stating, if E riders wanted the R160s so much over the R32s, then they have them. R32s would not have had this 'issue' about the fold up seats.

Thats what I was getting at.

First thing all R160s should look like this set with the fold up seats. Also I could make a case for all lines with R160 to have this idea tested on it. The J

is the only R160 line that isnt suffering from overcrowding during rush hour. Even the M is growing in ridership, and has some really crowded trains. I like this idea and I would go as far as to make the entire train seatless during rush hours. Being that this set 8713-8722 was at Coney Island before it would have made more sense to keep it there and have the (N) run it. The (N)

is certainly crowded enough to make for extra standing room during rush hours and weekends.

Trust Me They Are, That's why It did not run today, The (E) riders complained about the Straps hitting them on the Head, LOL.
thats not true, it probably hit you in the head. (E) riders didnt care if the straps were there or not and the only complaint that i've reviewed was the uncomfortable seats. so please do not spread gossip

So there is an MTA document out there that gives this as the exact reason why the folding seat train is being tested on the (E)? Or is it that you in your mind hold this to be a fact? Personally, I think the (E) is being used for this test because it see some of the most crowded conditions on the B Div. I don't put my opinion as fact, because it's not.

PREACH!

its a logical reason to test fold up seats on the E. "the (E) is being used for this test because it see some of the most crowded conditions on the B Div."

Its known that the QBL is the second most crowded line (behind the Lex) in the city. The E was the most logical choice. Just like the 4,5,and 6(more likley the 4) would be the most logical in the A division.

and passengers hitting their heads on the straps????

um....duck. can people really be THAT dumb??

those straps were already tested on the R110B and im going to saftley assume they passed for them to use them again as extra hand holds for the increased number of standees.

thats not true, it probably hit you in the head. (E) riders didnt care if the straps were there or not and the only complaint that i've reviewed was the uncomfortable seats. so please do not spread gossip

I don't Ride the (E) No More I ride the (F) and I got that info from a TA worker

I don't care if they stand, That's what they get for running them Fat Lips of theirs.

Archived