Fold up Seats R160B

jimbob60

Caught 8713-8722 on the E yes'day 7:05 PM from Ely Ave WTC-bound. I believe there is only the 1 car, 8721, with the experimental seats unless there was another car in the 8713-8717 set. I was in 8721 and found the seats to be quite uncomfortable. I think this is a bad idea. Other than when there are extreme delays, E and F trains are rarely crowded to the point where people cannot get on. Given the way people stand by the doors anyway, who many more people will fit on a train with seats folded up. Taking the E from WTC to say Union Tpke is close to a 45 min ride at rush hour. Seats are needed for the elderly and others. I was on crutches for almost 2 mths last winter and rode the subway several times. I most appreciated a seat. One question, was it just 8713-8722, the Kawasaki pilot that does not have the metal casing on the windowsill and the ends of the car (so that the train interior looks like an R143 with double as opposed to single doors between cars) or do other Kawasaki cars not have the metal finish. I donlt ride the N, Q, W often enough to check out 8745 or so. Also does the first R160A trainset (8653-8662) and other R160's have a similar interior to the R143. I rarely ride the J and M to check out early 4 car set trains.

I'm guessing that the route is one of the busiest routes in the system. If you had this for like, the shuttle, or a less used train, then the chairs would be pointless. The fold - up benches work better for a really crowded train, like the (E).

I'm guessing that the route is one of the busiest routes in the system. If you had this for like, the shuttle, or a less used train, then the chairs would be pointless. The fold - up benches work better for a really crowded train, like the (E).

Yep, and that train set will see service ONLY on the (E).

would be a bad idea also for the (4) and (5) lines.

Yep, (4) and (5) riders don't deserved to get screwed over like that, just (E) riders...or at least, a certain group of (E) riders. M15 +SBS, PLEASE hurry up!!!

I don't ride the (E) frequently, never seen it, because I'm on the (F) more. Maybe I'll have a better chance of catching it if it were on the (F), but that's just my thought. I hope the (E) riders aren't complaining as much.

I don't ride the (E) frequently, never seen it, because I'm on the (F) more. Maybe I'll have a better chance of catching it if it were on the (F), but that's just my thought. I hope the (E) riders aren't complaining as much.

Trust Me They Are, That's why It did not run today, The (E) riders complained about the Straps hitting them on the Head, LOL.

Trust Me They Are, That's why It did not run today, The (E) riders complained about the Straps hitting them on the Head, LOL.

I say good for 'em. Let that set stay where it's at.

The (E) riders shall watch their heads next time then, then they wouldn't complain a lot.

Because the MTA gets sadistic pleasure from torturing (E) riders.

The (E) riders need to learn the hard way. A certain group of people who use the line complained about R32s and forced the MTA to give them the POS 160s when the (F) was slated to get them first. By putting the MTA's agenda in a state of disarray, this is just a way of getting back at them....

Just stating the facts, no malice intended whatsoever.

The (E) riders need to learn the hard way. A certain group of people who use the line complained about R32s and forced the MTA to give them the POS 160s when the (F) was slated to get them first. By putting the MTA's agenda in a state of disarray, this is just a way of getting back at them....

Just stating the facts, no malice intended whatsoever.

So there is an MTA document out there that gives this as the exact reason why the folding seat train is being tested on the (E)? Or is it that you in your mind hold this to be a fact? Personally, I think the (E) is being used for this test because it see some of the most crowded conditions on the B Div. I don't put my opinion as fact, because it's not.

So there is an MTA document out there that gives this as the exact reason why the folding seat train is being tested on the (E)? Or is it that you in your mind hold this to be a fact? Personally, I think the (E) is being used for this test because it see some of the most crowded conditions on the B Div. I don't put my opinion as fact, because it's not.

It's definitely a better guess than the idea of torturing (E) riders.

I think he means it more as sarcasm.

=

But enough is enough already, there is no conspiracy to 'shaft' E riders.

Plus as i've been stating, if E riders wanted the R160s so much over the R32s, then they have them. R32s would not have had this 'issue' about the fold up seats.

So to E riders: just shut up and put up, otherwise ride something else. No one is guaranteed a seat anyway [even though I live 'close' to a terminal, I don't always get a seat on the train - should I complain about that?]. This whole whining about the loss of seats [one one f'ing train set] is getting old.

Yeah That is good for them, That's what they get for complaining.

What shall you get for complaining about them complain? :P

Yep, (4) and (5) riders don't deserved to get screwed over like that, just (E) riders...or at least, a certain group of (E) riders. M15 +SBS, PLEASE hurry up!!!

You mean M15 -SBS ;)

Im GLADE the (2)(4)(5) dont have this bs modification!! Even tho the future is possible!

You're

ghhhh.png?

B)

Cameras on the seatless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUkDylrffg

I think he means it more as sarcasm.

=

But enough is enough already, there is no conspiracy to 'shaft' E riders.

Plus as i've been stating, if E riders wanted the R160s so much over the R32s, then they have them. R32s would not have had this 'issue' about the fold up seats.

So to E riders: just shut up and put up, otherwise ride something else. No one is guaranteed a seat anyway [even though I live 'close' to a terminal, I don't always get a seat on the train - should I complain about that?]. This whole whining about the loss of seats [one one f'ing train set] is getting old.

incorrect

If any line needs fold up seats its not the (E) its the (7) local in the morning that train is packed like sardines, just started taking the (7) and the morning rush is brutal the local ones so inconsistent and is over crowded.

Archived