Another 12-9?

Abba

MTA Service Notice

Due to a police investigation at the 86th Street Station:

(R) trains are bypassing the 86th Street Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in (R) train service at this time.

Anyone know if it was a 12-9? I'ts been going on for some time now.

Around 830-9pm on the 86street manhattan side there was a incoming R train, And a dark skinned man in his 30s-40s suicided and jumped right in front of the incoming R train, I was actually there to witness to see everything that happend.. He was holding a bag, when the train was 50 feet away from him he dropped the bag and just jumped into the oncoming R train, The cops are investigating right now..

You are so right about that. It seems like jumping in front of a train is the thing to do. I guess its a quick way to call it quits. A crap load of fatailtes has been happening. The one on the No.6 line then i heard there was one the No.3 the same day. Then the 2 by amtrak which i've seen both on the NEC. Then the one in East Orange by NJT. All of these incidents happen this month, Sometimes you say to yourself is it that bad.

Well 12-9's happen all the time in NYC Subway but most are never reported. Most T/O's will deal with a least one 12-9 in there career. I know one T/O how has 8 in 12 Years.
Was going to say this. There are 12-9s almost every week, and most of them never make the news unless it really jacks up service and lots of witnesses. Now with the service advisorys being posted its starting to be noticed more.

Most T/O's will deal with a least one 12-9 in there career. I know one T/O how has 8 in 12 Years.

The record is held by former T/O on the (1), with 13 in as many years.

There are 12-9s almost every week, and most of them never make the news

This makes #32 for 2010, unless I missed one.

Anyway, this is sad:( All this mentally ill people.

They aren't all mentally ill - some, like last week's at 77 St are just stupid.

They don't WANT suicide 12-9's posted because it's a highly "effective" way for those who want themselves offed to do so, and posting these incidents encourages other "suicide thinkers" out there to "give this method a shot" because it works, and the damn jumpers are so selfish that even in their dying act they'd rather inconvenience thousands of passengers for an hour and a half and saddle a train crew with remorse or even guilt for their death which of course those people are NOT responsible for, rather than just go to a hardware store and buy some cable and a stepladder.

The only people I have real sympathy for who get hit by trains are those who wind up down there by accident (ie fell) or those who are pushed. Those that think they can beat the train and those who off themselves, I don't feel much sympathy for. The train crews and first responders for any of these incidents get all of my sympathies because they were just doing their jobs, and obviously never meant to see their day take the turn it did.

The record is held by former T/O on the (1), with 13 in as many years.

This makes #32 for 2010, unless I missed one.

They aren't all mentally ill - some, like last week's at 77 St are just stupid.

Wow, 13 12-9s. That's crazy.

I'm only 18 and I can't believe I actually saw the dude, Like he was right next to me, Atleast 2-3 feet away from me and I was looking to see if the train was coming then boom, He jumps.. It feels traumatizing..

I'm only 18 and I can't believe I actually saw the dude, Like he was right next to me, Atleast 2-3 feet away from me and I was looking to see if the train was coming then boom, He jumps.. It feels traumatizing..

So not to be gross but what happend he just got pushed under the train? did you see blood?

And I asked this question before nobody answerd but when the train comes to a stop how do they let the passengers off without having them see the mess?

The train op must be freaking out. Unbelievable. That would give me nightmares and I've seen alot of shit in my life.

When he jumped, The motorman horned, Train went in Emergency break mode, few minutes later the middle conductor instructed everyone to evacuate the front car, After that they just evacuated everyone from the scene, Crime scene investigators came along with a whole bunch of detectives, Surprisingly I was the only one who was a witness that stayed everyone else just left.

I was at 86th Street on the (R) today, and I saw the evidence of the 12-9:

SAM_1786.jpg

Just sand sprinkled in the area of where the victim was. I could have sworn I saw some blood on one of the rails as well. Quite eery.

Archived