Another 12-9?

Abba

I'm only 18 and I can't believe I actually saw the dude, Like he was right next to me, Atleast 2-3 feet away from me and I was looking to see if the train was coming then boom, He jumps.. It feels traumatizing..

I can't even imagine how traumatizing that must be...you can always talk to a counselor/therapist if you are still shaken by it after a while. I know a bunch of people that saw some crazy stuff who felt much better after talking to someone. Just my $0.02

I can't even imagine how traumatizing that must be...you can always talk to a counselor/therapist if you are still shaken by it after a while. I know a bunch of people that saw some crazy stuff who felt much better after talking to someone. Just my $0.02

There are just some people who just can't be broken through. As sad as it is it's inevitable.

To be honest, I mean it doesnt haunt me or anything, I wouldn't really say traumatizing, I just can't believe I witnessed something like this, Never in my life I would see myself standing on the platform waiting for a train just trying to go home from a long day of work and see something like that, I mean it makes me wonder, Is this a new way to suicide? Jumping infront of a oncoming train..

To be honest, I mean it doesnt haunt me or anything, I wouldn't really say traumatizing, I just can't believe I witnessed something like this, Never in my life I would see myself standing on the platform waiting for a train just trying to go home from a long day of work and see something like that, I mean it makes me wonder, Is this a new way to suicide? Jumping infront of a oncoming train..

Tragic as it is, that's just how people want to off themselves. So be it then, but they're putting dozens upon hundreds of passengers at inconvenience. sorry you had to witness that. My friend witnessed a 12-9, back when the Redbirds were still running. He said "the blood matched the color of the train"...wow,

I wonder how the clean up process would be if someone 12-9 themselves on the elevated tracks?:confused:

Well unless the event occurs on an embankment (some of the Brighton Line stations are like this; they're elevated, but not an elevated structure typically speaking), you'd see body parts on the ground too. That means the street would be closed off, causing a grievance to drivers.

I wonder how the clean up process would be if someone 12-9 themselves on the elevated tracks?:confused:

Even worse. There was one at Stillwell a year or two back, young lady walking between cars as the train left the terminal, slipped and fell.

From the accounts I heard of it she was literally cut in half diagonally.

And people still wonder "why" it's illegal.

Even worse. There was one at Stillwell a year or two back, young lady walking between cars as the train left the terminal, slipped and fell.

Walking between cars is not dangerous, riding between them is. From what I heard, what happened at Stillwell Av was a suicide.

Walking between cars is not dangerous, riding between them is. From what I heard, what happened at Stillwell Av was a suicide.

The stupidity some people have, getting up out of bed is inherently dangerous. I wouldn't even trust the public to scratch their own ass these days.

As far as I'm concerned if ticketing people walking between cars (who never hold on to anything as they do so) $100 each time helps keep the fare at $2.25 for even one DAY longer than without ticketing them, I'm for it.

Actually..

"Riding or Walking Between Cars" is against the rules, not against the law there is a difference...

If a person is to the point of thinking about doing it, I doubt a sign will stop them. Why waste money on someone that won't be with society any longer?

It would be just as effective as putting "do not enter or cross tracks". What ever happened to all those "watch the gap" posters? I guess yet another waste.

Archived