Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harry

What car am I?

NYCTA (NYCT) mechanics will always fondly remember these cars as the "money" cars. This nickname has to do with all the the overtime spent trying to repair these cars equipped with the notorious GE propulsion equipment.

What car is it?

What car is it?

NYCTA (NYCT) mechanics will always fondly remember these cars as the "money" cars. This nickname has to do with all the the overtime spent trying to repair these cars equipped with the notorious GE propulsion equipment.

What car is it?

R17 or R21?

I'm going to take a shot and say the R 16's.

The correct answer is the R16s. It should be noted that later GE improved its performance record by providing very reliable propulsion equipment.

The correct answer is the R16s. It should be noted that later GE improved its performance record by providing very reliable propulsion equipment.

i thought it was R46 cause it has GE and had many problems when they came out.

Oh well...

I'll make one myself now:

I am the only car to have a shiny inside and a GE motor. What car am I ?

Whats so shiny about the interior of an R32?

nope its not a R32.

Ah man. Oh well.

Another guess then, SIR R44s? Now thats just a wild guess because thats all I can think of but those don't have a shiny interior either. Oh well. :P

Ah man. Oh well.

Another guess then, SIR R44s? Now thats just a wild guess because thats all I can think of but those don't have a shiny interior either. Oh well. :P

nope, and eman got it right its R62, which has the GE and also the shiny inside like the R68

R17 or R21?

I forgot to give Andrew slight credit because the R17 and R21 did use the same propulsion equipment but they were not called the "money" cars.

Ok i got one.This train was a test train during the 70s.To test out diffent feaures for newer trains.What train is it?

The State of the Art Car (SOAC)?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.