R62A at Hoyt-Schermerhorn

R68 Subway Car

R62As at Schermerhorn? Great, great, but can't we use IRT here? Most New Yorkers would know that a (6) would never be at Schermerhorn, but the majority of the rest of the world wouldn't I suppose. That's cool though, lucky actors, getting to use the forbidden platform...

Also, that's only a 6 car train, yeah?

R62As at Schermerhorn? Great, great, but can't we use IRT here? Most New Yorkers would know that a (6) would never be at Schermerhorn, but the majority of the rest of the world wouldn't I suppose. That's cool though, lucky actors, getting to use the forbidden platform...

Also, that's only a 6 car train, yeah?

Remember, the use the same tracks for the original Pelham 1-2-3 and also many movies were filmed in Hoyt-Scermerhorn. Usually they take the signs off and the station poses for another station. Here's a few examples:

The Warriors (Posed as 96th Street (1)(2)(3) )

Nighthawks (Posed as 57th and 42nd Street (:P )

Coming To America (Posed as Supthin Blvd. (E) )

Men In Black II (Posed as 81st Street (B)(C) )

A short scene in Ghost (Can't tell ya)

and a few I missed.

Don't be surprised if you see R62A's at Church Avenue a very popular filming spot.

The subway scene in Ghost was filmed in the Abandoned lower-level of 42 Street-8th Avenue on the A,C, and E.

No, I know that but I you watch real closely when Sayze was fighting with the subway ghost they pass though a Station. It only noticeable for like five seconds but i can tell from the thick pillars that it was Hoyt.

Archived