My Amtrak ticket collection

Paul P

I scanned these out of boredom. I had some more from previous years, but lost them. That's all I have left now, but this ticket count will rise dramatically during the upcoming summer!

I would like to know: what routes have you used in the past?

tickets1.jpg

tickets2.jpg

Cool tickets, Paul! I might have some from my trip to Florida.

Thanks, if you have time, post them up!

The only time I ever used Amtrak was September 1, 1994 (Labor Day) between NY and DC. That was also the first time I ever used the DC Metro. It is unlikely that I'll use Amtrak in the near future since Megabus is cheaper and the plane is faster.

True, it is cheaper, but I like to say you get what you pay for almost always. And one who has never used Amtrak in the past doesn't know what the experience is like.

I would love to ride amtrak.I might use it to my next trip to Baltimore.

Awesome stuff! I definitely want to railfan Amtrak someday.

Thanks! I imagine after a while NYCT gets boring.

I rode Amtrak a long time ago from New York all the way to Pittsburgh back in the early 90s and late 80s. In addition, I rode Amtrak to New London back in April 2001.

:tup:

How did you get an unreserved ticket BAL-WAS in 2010? All Amtrak trains between NYP and WAS are reserved.

Unless this is a MARC ticket (I've never seen one before)...

Correct, the price alone tells you it's MARC. Their tickets are the same as Amtrak's because MARC operates under Amtrak.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Shoreline East and Amtrak tickets from Easter. On the day I left NYP, train 93 at 2:05P was late more than 1 hour, so I had to switch to train 85 to make a bus connection in Wilmington. This change cost me $92 as you can see... If I knew this was gonna happen I could as well reserve an Acela for $91 earlier. Never have I had to worry about timing but I never knew Amtrak could make your life stressful.

The refund ticket is for a SLE train between OSB and NLC.

tickets3.jpg

Archived