Man who leaped to death from Empire State Building ID'd as Yale University student

Y2Julio

alg_cameron_dabaghi_facebook.jpg

Yale University identified Cameron Dabaghi, a junior from Austin, Texas, as the man who jumped to his death Tuesday evening from the 86th floor Empire State Building observation deck.

"We are all deeply distressed by this news," wrote Yale College Dean Mary Miller in a message to students issued Wednesday morning.

Dabaghi was slated to graduate in 2011 and was an East Asian studies major. He has a younger sister, Andrene Dabaghi, who is also a Yale student, according to the Yale Daily News.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/03/31/2010-03-31_man_who_leaped_to_death_from_empire_state_building_idd_as_yale_university_studen.html#ixzz0jlqLz5Fr

It's not the fall that kills you, it's the landing.

Terminal velocity can actually feel good sometimes. It's that wonderful natural sensational thing known as freefall. One can love the fall, but none loves the landing. I never experienced freefall myself before though. (the closest I got to it has been in a fast descending skyscraper elevator). THAT FEELS GOOOD!!!!!!

What bout Kingda Ka, @ six flags G.A? I'm too scared to get on those suicide missions.

To date, that has been the only Six Flags' ride I have now been on. It's always messed up.

Go ride El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure. The G-forces are amazing on the drops! That'll give you a nice freefall feeling!

That's the only major coaster I never got to ride - El Toro, but everything I rode, includes Nitro [3 rides] and Kinda Ka [2 times - first ride in the morning!]

What bout Kingda Ka, @ six flags G.A? I'm too scared to get on those suicide missions.

Lol! Nah, it's perfectly fine [when it is running] It's the launch that scares you, but the climb and fall are nothing.

To date, that has been the only Six Flags' ride I have now been on. It's always messed up.

Yeah it sucks that it has problems. And it was down like all of last year from what i read. Hopefully they get it working fine this year.

Last ride I rode on one was the Superman in great adventures, never again. I only did it 'cause I was with my girl and it didn't look right with her going on it and me holding her bag at the finish line. But never ever again. :tdown:

Go ride El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure. The G-forces are amazing on the drops! That'll give you a nice freefall feeling!

I rode that...it was nothing at all! AND I sat in the front seat! Ha :P

I rode that...it was nothing at all! AND I sat in the front seat! Ha :P

Lol, you should ride the last row for the whiplash effect :)

Last ride I rode on one was the Superman in great adventures, never again. I only did it 'cause I was with my girl and it didn't look right with her going on it and me holding her bag at the finish line. But never ever again. :tdown:

Superman Ultimate flight? That's a shame. I do agree that type of coaster is near the bottom of my list, but I'd still ride it. It is a unique way of riding.

Superman Ultimate flight? That's a shame. I do agree that type of coaster is near the bottom of my list, but I'd still ride it. It is a unique way of riding.

I rode that rollercoaster. It was...ok.

Yeah, problem is that the design is 'standard' at 3 of the '6 Flags' parks. But the one near LA - Magic Mountain's Tatsu coaster I read was really good. There's another kind of coaster at Sea World Orlando called Manta that should be just as good. Hopefully I'll get to ride Manta later this year. Roller coasters = ftw!

How did thread went from a suicide to riding roller coasters.:P

I've ridden the Superman in Six Flags, NJ.

The subject of freefalling reminded me of roller coasters, especially El Toro with the near-vertical drop that left me breathless. Great feeling. What a rush!

It was a rainy day. Little to no crowds in the observation area.

There were 7 people at the time on the observation deck, one of them tried to talk him down but he or she should have made an attempt to grab him as he was climbing.

Oh well another rich kid dies who had it too good in life, hopefully he is suffering in hell right now,LOL.

Archived