Training Excerise On the J Line Right Simulating Two 12-9s

Well there Is a G.O Today with no service from Crescent Street to Jamacia Center.

Interesting there should have been notice if this was happening today...

Only supervisors and stuff are on the scene including FD, Car Equipment, signals and track. Maybe just they were notified. RCC keeps saying like 50 times thats its a drill.

Do they ever do these excercises in the actual subway (underground sections) or on different types of numbers of track (a 3-track and 4-track line)?

I guess the excercise is simulated with mannequins, correct?

They do some type of exercises at Randall's Island FDNY training facility using R62 cars; a mock underground station and tunnel.

They just ran that big drill at Randall's Island this week. I believe it was a mock fire in the train or something along those lines. I saw some cool pix from it on the news.
I seen the pics in the newspaper.I never knew the underground station training existed on randalls island.All I usually see is the mock buildings.They also had U.S marines training there as well this week.

I hope this isn't the reason for the bustitution because it would be completely asinine to shut down the line just to do a training exercise.

Track panel replacement at Woodhaven Blvd is why the line is being bussed.

However, there has been a complete Saturday suspension of the (M2) once for emergency training exercise purposes.

Archived