To those who are taking APs...

MTR Admiralty

Eh, the reading passages were frankly boring and hard. Only a few were good.

The free response was truly easy though, notably the informal writing and the speaking parts. I took awhile to finish the essay though.

By the way, am I allowed to discuss about the exam's content or do I have to wait until Thursday afternoon?

Eh, the reading passages were frankly boring and hard. Only a few were good.

The free response was truly easy though, notably the informal writing and the speaking parts. I took awhile to finish the essay though.

By the way, am I allowed to discuss about the exam's content or do I have to wait until Thursday afternoon?

Preferably not. Sides, this is a public forum, so anyone can see. I rolled right through the exam. The listening and the reading part were moidah.

Im took AP Statistics earlier today. I seriously think I got a 5. Im a junior who is taking AP U.S History this year and AP Chemistry. I will likely be taking AP English, Calculus AB and AP Spanish nexy year when im a senior. I will be graduating as valedictorian for my senior class so i'm excited.

When I entered the 9th Grade I was automatically placed in AP English & AP Math. Glad I'm not in it anymore, in the 11th Grade a substitute teacher tried to recommend me after I wrote the mean 16 (which I converted into a poem) and I was like no thanks lady lol.

My lowest Regents score was an 82 :(, my highest was a 90 :).

I was accepted to Townsend Harris but I went to Brooklyn Tech instead. I mistakenly believed that Tech was the better school. The lowest I scored on the Regents was a 68. It was the infamous Physics regents back in 2002. The highest I scored was a 94 on Sequential Math 2 and Sequential Math 3 (I think it's now called Math A or Math B or some weird crap). I also scored a 93 on the Chemistry Regents.

I was accepted to Townsend Harris but I went to Brooklyn Tech instead. I mistakenly believed that Tech was the better school. The lowest I scored on the Regents was a 68. It was the infamous Physics regents back in 2002. The highest I scored was a 94 on Sequential Math 2 and Sequential Math 3 (I think it's now called Math A or Math B or some weird crap). I also scored a 93 on the Chemistry Regents.

I had one good physics teacher. He left in the beginning of the first term and was subsequently replaced by two horrible teachers. Thanks to the two, I screwed the Regents up.

The Seq Math series were replaced by the Math A and Math B tests. The Math A and B tests were meant to accelerate the mathematical standards for high schoolers throughout the state. Thus, they tried to have freshmen take Math A in June, then move on to Math B sophomore year and take that. Proved to be a failure because there was just too much material to cover. They revised the curricula, and split the Math A and B curricula for a 3 year period, in which freshmen would generally learn elementary algebra, then move on to geometry during sophomore year and then onto trig and advanced algebra junior year. Sophomores would take the Math A exam and juniors would take the Math B exam. Recently, they went back to the Seq Series, but instead gave them newer names: Integrated Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry/Advanced Algebra or something.

AP US History is now done! One down, three to go. By the way, congrats to MTR Admiralty and everyone else in the Bronx Science two-year APUSH program for making it to the end and good luck to everyone who still has exams.

Thanks. Some folks in my class said the two year thing was a waste. But, I believe we really did got a chance to learn more, outside the basic AP curriculum.

IIRC, the next one is biology. Good luck to those taking it!

The molecular part of Biology is going to kill me. DNA is also a killer. Evolution and classification are not as difficult.

You mean the organic chemistry scheisse? That's a real PITA. I'm in organic right now; thinking about glutamic acid and aspartane hurts my head. Good luck with that.

No, I'm taking AP Biology. It's just that we had to learn about all the bonds that make up a cell and all that stuff.

Yeah, I know. But AP Biology contains a part that intertwines with organic. The part where you have to learn all those molecules, functional groups and how they are used in metabolic processes (Krebs Cycle, ATP and such).

AP Bio and APUSH were easy for me... I don't get what you guys are fretting about... of course, I'm two years removed from Bio and one year removed from APUSH right now.

I just took three AP tests in three days and I am done.

AP Bio and APUSH were easy for me... I don't get what you guys are fretting about... of course, I'm two years removed from Bio and one year removed from APUSH right now.

I just took three AP tests in three days and I am done.

APUSH was easy, just that afterwards, my head sorta bubbled

I went to Towsend Harris in the 10th Grade, after going to its "ugly-dirty-unorganized-wild side-off the hook" sibling John Bowne in the 9th Grade, they're both on that same block but talk about an upgrade, TH had central A/C too while JB had nothing not even the window ones. I passed the 10th Grade with a 100 average, my all time high, after that I went back to the 60's/70's/80's because I got so sick and tired with school.

Archived