Goodbye S50's

OC Transpo has made a deal with New flyer industries to switch all of our current 226 New flyer D60LF's 2001-2004 for some brand new 2010 D60LFR's

so basically these are the buses that will be leaving OC transpo starting in august

016.JPG

028.JPG

003.JPG

032.JPG

015.JPG

And will be replaced by these! ( im sorta happy im going to miss those Loud S50 engines )

* note i do not own these photos they are from busdrawings.ca

this bus has different specs then what OC Transpo will be odering

6001b.jpg

ill post the new D60LFRS when they get delivered

thats what we heard as well but the city of Ottawa council ordered the D60LFR's which from my understanding were rejects from chicago anyways heres a blurry picture i took off my cell phone its a drawing by the city of ottawa of what the buses will look like

010.jpg

Very nice to see the new busses, but do you know where the old Busses are going to, :tup: :(?

we are assuming there are going back to New flyer industries for either scrap or something else we are only getting the new buses becuase the S50 engine cannot perform to its standerds

I think its LFs, Chicago rejected about that many DE60LFs, I think those are coming to OC Transpo.

New Flyer didnt start building those buses yet for Chicago but did this OC Transpo deal to keep workers working as they booked in space for the Chicago order. Also there is way too more for this story involving OC transpo and New Flyer in general then to get into here

New Flyer didnt start building those buses yet for Chicago but did this OC Transpo deal to keep workers working as they booked in space for the Chicago order. Also there is way too more for this story involving OC transpo and New Flyer in general then to get into here

Ahh ok.:tup:

Ahh ok.:tup:

New Flyer is buying back Ottawa's D60LF's in this deal as they have been nothing but problems for Ottawa. This deal is more to keep Ottawa a New Flyer customer as Ottawa was looking at Double Deckers from Dennis and Orion VII NG HEV's

we are assuming there are going back to New flyer industries for either scrap or something else we are only getting the new buses becuase the S50 engine cannot perform to its standerds

New Flyer stated they plan on reselling these buses for the North Amerian markets and International markets

MTA needs artics, and they have the same engine as the New Flyer artics already here. Why not? Just got to get those engine troubles worked out..........

it would be a good idea but do the specs of the bus matter to the MTA?

MTA needs artics, and they have the same engine as the New Flyer artics already here. Why not? Just got to get those engine troubles worked out..........

The engines currently in those buses dont work well in the summer time with the A/C as they are underpowered

• 2 weeks later...
The engines currently in those buses dont work well in the summer time with the A/C as they are underpowered

100% true if you are riding them in the summer on the 60XX,61XX and somewhat the 63XX once the A/C is on and the bus stops at a station it can take up to a whole minute to get any where near 60 KM/H

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

wow that's really bad mta won't want a bus that has issues unless they can fix it,

and its a NFI bus they won't take them as they are bared from orders.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

wow that's really bad mta won't want a bus that has issues unless they can fix it,

and its a NFI bus they won't take them as they are bared from orders.

wow they are bared from orders lol..

but no the buses are being returned to NFI and will be replaced by new engines most likely or new will have to scrap 256? buses and gain minimal profit from them.

wow they are bared from orders lol..

but no the buses are being returned to NFI and will be replaced by new engines most likely or new will have to scrap 256? buses and gain minimal profit from them.

there better off Repowering them with new engines i would prefer to have a Ex M11E or now ISM engine on a artic. and the only reason NFI is barred because of the end D60HF order the last buses that was suposed to be made got cancelled due to the company discontinuing the HF model and only had the LF left.

Archived