R160's compared to R46's

Robert Bosco

how do you know every single person that steps foot in an R46 likes it?

Alright, I was in a bad mood when I was making that post. But sometimes you act like everyone loves the R32, it is to Excellent, etc etc (I don't even know why you always capitalize the E in excellent either...).

Alright, I was in a bad mood when I was making that post. But sometimes you act like everyone loves the R32, it is to Excellent, etc etc (I don't even know why you always capitalize the E in excellent either...).

LMAO!

lol its a bad habit i have, sometimes i capitalize words when i don't need to

I have always thought that the R46 seemed to have a warmer interior then the R160's. They seem much colder like the R68's. Also I like the body style of the R46 with all rounded edges, I only wish I ould get to operate an R46 on the old (JFK) express.

I only wish I ould get to operate an R46 on the old (JFK) express.

All I ever wanted to do as a kid was to just ride the (JFK) express. Everytime I saw it pull into Herald Square station I would just stare at it and watch the conductors step on and off the trains.

I also feel the R46 has a 'warmer' interior, but not temperature wise. Its more of a look that says, " come inside, take a seat", lean your head on the window and sleep:D. The moral is, the R46 seems like one of the more 'welcoming' trains in the system.

Thanks Brighton, thats what I ment to say. The R46 always makes me want to come in and relax. The R160's on the other hand make me want to take a seat and "wait for the doctor to see me". The feel doctors office waiting room cold.

Thanks Brighton, thats what I meant to say. The R46 always makes me want to come in and relax. The R160's on the other hand make me want to take a seat and "wait for the doctor to see me". The feel doctors office waiting room cold.

No problem. Haha! I love your analogy of the 160s! A doctors office! Next! Next! Dude thats funny:D:p

Heh I'd have to say I can tell you all the feelings I get when I ride these trains :D

The R46's do feel "warm and welcoming"

The R160's still feel quite new, and sometimes futuristic. It is very bright in there though, while the R46's have more of a soft white color.

The R46's with those seats at the window, also give you a better view, if your looking out the window, so you can sit there, sleep, or check out the view, if your going elevated anyway :) When the train is empty, and you have the car all to yourself, you just wanna sit back and relax, you dont really get that feeling when you ride the R160.

I dont know, but on days when its humid it gets sticky in there...

As for everything else, I was talking about the lighting inside giving the train its "warm" feeling. Like the soft white light in R46's and the strikingly bright lights inside the R160's

Archived