Subway Update Summer edition

R32 3838

I'm a different dude. I like new tech. I don't like really old things. I like design. I'm already looking forward to them new M8's. Whoo! Yeah, it ain't a luxury, but it sure is a business. And I wouldn't want my customers riding in discomfort. I'm glad there are R160's and Orion VII NG's. Things are more spacious and comfortable than they've ever been. I went to school in the city, so I know what it's like to ride 32's year in and year out. I loved when a surprise R46 would roll in on the (E). The ride was so much better.

Well good for you. But the MTA couldn't care what's your favorite train or bus type. Yes they're there to make money but not to please customers as if the service they're providing them as if it's a luxury when it isn't and if we want to see they system wit one type of subway car/bus type. They really couldn't care if you're pleased or not so seriously get a grip with the bashing of the older equipment. FTR if it weren't for the older trains like Arnines, R32s and Slants then we wouldn't have 160s. The younger generation of "railfans" are becoming so nonchalant about t=what train type they like or hate so much instead of looking into preserving the old equipment for future generations of railfans.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is really the difference between sending them to the (:)? The R32s on the (A) do not spend all day out.

The (B) it'll be in specific intervals and the dispatcher will rip it out of service.now the (A) it sits and sits and sits and will come out for 2 round trips during the rush hr with the (B) its from 930 to 5 something everyday when its pulled out.Its b.s

Calling people 'bastards' because you want a specific train at a certain place? I think you need to calm down there.

First of all you don't decide anything and two with the demise of the (W), there won't be a need for that R32 there and R44s need to go asap. R32s and R46s right now are the only cars going to pitkin/207th. The only things leaving are the R44s, nothing else.

You are not getting my point.Its like for ex. You want a car and you get it,but you never used it but u bragged so much to get one and it sits that's the situation.They wanted 32's and they got it and don't even run em.Very rarely 2sets run.Those sets are beter going off to Coney Island.And f**k the crews they had Slants,Mods and a set of 32's back in '07 and years ago u gotta do wat u gotta do.And the 32's need2 be on a Part time b\c of their age so the (:) & (C) are perfect.

who said R32's have to be on a part time line? theyre not in bad shape at all. for anyone knows those could be put on the (F). in reality its not, that was just an EXAMPLE. the (:P has a good fleet already and when the (W) is out of service the (:P will be 100% R68. if R32's are at 207th, that doesnt warrant crews to run them on the (A)... those R32's can be spares.

You are not getting my point.Its like for ex. You want a car and you get it,but you never used it but u bragged so much to get one and it sits that's the situation.They wanted 32's and they got it and don't even run em.Very rarely 2sets run.Those sets are beter going off to Coney Island.And f**k the crews they had Slants,Mods and a set of 32's back in '07 and years ago u gotta do wat u gotta do.And the 32's need2 be on a Part time b\c of their age so the (:P & (C) are perfect.

Saying 'f**k the crews' won't get people here on your side. You need to put personal feelings aside. And they are going to the (C), so it is fine.

Saying 'f**k the crews' won't get people here on your side. You need to put personal feelings aside. And they are going to the (C), so it is fine.

I think he meant to say "f**k, the crews had <such and such>", he wasn't blatantly talking directly about them.

The new trains are so boring. They just seem cramped and have no window seats. Those automated messages get a little annoying after awhile..

The (N) is (will be) a boring long ride. I prefer the (awesome) R68a on an express route.

I just assume there would be more room/space on an "older" train. The new ones seem to get crowded faster and just seem more cramped overall.

The (N) will still run express in Brooklyn. Sure there's more space on the R68s because they are 8-car trains, but because of the forward facing seats, not many people moves into the center of the train and crowds near the doors. R160s everyone has no choice but to move into the interior. So if I have to stand, I'd much rather stand on an R160 than an R68/a.

The reason why I said that is b\c you're a T/O or C/R and you're complaining about equipment! If they didn't want this why even do the job many buffs want this job and b\c of the crew some trains don't run b\c they don't want it.Its B.S.

Also so what if the 32's are in great condition its not about that its about performance-how they run,brake,suspension.Condition-mainly the body great shape.B\c of the 32's age they should be on part time lines and run in specific intervals.Thats why I said the (;) is perfect,the (V) was perfect but thats gone the (A) they'll run em to death non-stop and when the A/C blows out for running them all night then what?

Who's a t/o? I'm just a 'passenger'. I could care less where they go. The important thing is the R32s aren't going away [reefed]. With all the R46s freed up from the (V), I don't think that many R32s will run on the (A).

Sure the (A) is longer, but if they run an R32 set for one round trip, it isn't going to kill it. It's no different than what they've been doing with the one set on the (;).

Plus why keep one set on the (B)? If CI hardly runs it, why leave it there to be an oddball train? It makes more sense to give it to Pitkin/207th where they already have all of them. CI is going to have a 'surplus' of at least a train or 2 when the (W) goes, that makes the R32 there unnecessary.

Well good for you. But the MTA couldn't care what's your favorite train or bus type. Yes they're there to make money but not to please customers as if the service they're providing them as if it's a luxury when it isn't and if we want to see they system wit one type of subway car/bus type. They really couldn't care if you're pleased or not so seriously get a grip with the bashing of the older equipment. FTR if it weren't for the older trains like Arnines, R32s and Slants then we wouldn't have 160s. The younger generation of "railfans" are becoming so nonchalant about t=what train type they like or hate so much instead of looking into preserving the old equipment for future generations of railfans.

I call the 32's old, and people spazin' out. Forty years certainly ain't young. I'm not bashing the cars, I just don't like them. They are older than me! It's 2010! Newer technology it available, use it. Don't trip, some of ya'll love old stuff and don't want to see it go. Some don't even want change. Cool. That ain't me. :cool: I'm looking forward to an all NTT system. Thanks to the 44's, my dream of seeing the 32's, 38's, 40's, and 42's retired this year, went down the drain. Oh well.

I call the 32's old, and people spazin' out. Forty years certainly ain't young. I'm not bashing the cars, I just don't like them. They are older than me! It's 2010! Newer technology it available, use it. Don't trip, some of ya'll love old stuff and don't want to see it go. Some don't even want change. Cool. That ain't me. :cool: I'm looking forward to an all NTT system. Thanks to the 44's, my dream of seeing the 32's, 38's, 40's, and 42's retired this year, went down the drain. Oh well.

Well guess what...TOUGH SHIT! The MTA is not here to please us railfans so whether you like it or not the 32s and 42s are STAYING whether you like it or not. If everything went according to plan then I wouldn't give a hoot and move on. The 32s and 42s would have went, I'm not going to throw a hissy about it.

You losing some grip, like seriously. And I've said it before and I'll say it again: the subway is a means and not a luxury. The MTA is here to move you from Point A to Point B and nothing else. Get with the program already.

Well guess what...TOUGH SHIT! The MTA is not here to please us railfans so whether you like it or not the 32s and 42s are STAYING whether you like it or not. If everything went according to plan then I wouldn't give a hoot and move on. The 32s and 42s would have went, I'm not going to throw a hissy about it.

You losing some grip, like seriously. And I've said it before and I'll say it again: the subway is a means and not a luxury. The MTA is here to move you from Point A to Point B and nothing else. Get with the program already.

This site is for people that pay a little bit more attention to these things than the average citizen. It's mostly opinionated. Why should what the (MTA) want to do matter that much? We're not in the decision making seat. This site is not even (MTA) sponsored. To your point, the (MTA) wanted to put R160's on the line I ride the most, and I'm happy for it. They also decided to give Jamaica Depot NG's, and I'm happy for it. I'm just in a grateful position. Obviously, they care about my comfort because the interior of their vehicles aren't dimly lit caves with harsh 90 degree angles and extreme temperatures. If they want more people to ride the system, and therefore make more money, they'd better care. It is a business. Just cause they make a decision doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I thought that that's what this site was for: discussing the (MTA). :confused: :cool:

This site is for people that pay a little bit more attention to these things than the average citizen. It's mostly opinionated. Why should what the (MTA) want to do matter that much? We're not in the decision making seat. This site is not even (MTA) sponsored. To your point, the (MTA) wanted to put R160's on the line I ride the most, and I'm happy for it. They also decided to give Jamaica Depot NG's, and I'm happy for it. I'm just in a grateful position. Obviously, they care about my comfort because the interior of their vehicles aren't dimly lit caves with harsh 90 degree angles and extreme temperatures. If they want more people to ride the system, and therefore make more money, they'd better care. It is a business. Just cause they make a decision doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I thought that that's what this site was for: discussing the (MTA). :confused: :cool:

You're missing the point: the MTA is not here to cater to railfans/busfans! Jamaica got NGs, well good for you. My home bus route the B46 got them too. I don't necessarily like them but I take whatever comes first. I'm not going to wait for hours upon end for my favorite train/bus to show up, new or old. I'm there to get from point A to point B. Stop being so damn Queens about everything and get a grip. A train is a train, a bus is a bus, regardless of how old it is or what it looks like. My only concern is if they're safe for service, and despite the age of the 32s and 42s at least they're structurally sound than the rusting 44s.

I don't understand why some people are "super hyper" ready for R32/42 trains to go in a hurry.

Thank you!

What happens happens. If they would have retired which was supposed to be this month then I would have dealt with it. I'm grateful they're sticking around for a while longer but that wasn't our choice; that was the MTA's.

We all weren't expecting R44 to go already (that was mind blowing for me) but I refuse to die on a train w/ poor structure though, so they gotta go. Love R42s cause they remind me of the Redbird MLs and R62s at the same time when riding it so im glad they hanging around a little longer.

We all weren't expecting R44 to go already (that was mind blowing for me) but I refuse to die on a train w/ poor structure though, so they gotta go. Love R42s cause they remind me of the Redbird MLs and R62s at the same time when riding it so im glad they hanging around a little longer.

You should've seen how badly people were bashing the R42 when an earlier slate stated that they were going to go before the R32. The funniest part was that everyone agreed on the fact that couldn't last another 2 months due to both structural and technical problems. And then when someone highlighted the R44 problem, everyone started saying how "perfect" the R42 were and that they would stay for at least 5 more years. As far as the contradictions go, you can clearly see what the bashers want.

Oohh yeah, I remember when people were doubting my St. Louis R42s about there structual problems, but I pretty much stayed outta that. Like I said I didnt expect R44s to go out like this. As for the bashers, I never know what they want cause all they live off is "train" drama and probaly most of them are new tech train freaks.

Oohh yeah, I remember when people were doubting my St. Louis R42s about there structual problems, but I pretty much stayed outta that. Like I said I didnt expect R44s to go out like this. As for the bashers, I never know what they want cause all they live off is "train" drama and probaly most of them are new tech train freaks.

The R42s are mechanically and structurally sound cars. The only reason people bash them because they look raggedy and beat up but they run fine and they have great climate control.

Yeah, I never bought the whole 'R-42s are crap' theory either. But it doesn't just go for the R-42s. People were also always bashing the R-38s. I found it amusing, because of all the old B Division cars, the R-38s and the R-42s are the only ones which never broke down on me; not even once were they pulled out of service due to problems (in my experience). And I used to ride the R-42s on the (M2) (my former home line) to/from school almost every day.

Yeah, I never bought the whole 'R-42s are crap' theory either. But it doesn't just go for the R-42s. People were also always bashing the R-38s. I found it amusing, because of all the old B Division cars, the R-38s and the R-42s are the only ones which never broke down on me; not even once were they pulled out of service due to problems (in my experience). And I used to ride the R-42s on the (M2) (my former home line) to/from school almost every day.

None of the SMEEs were ever problematic. It all comes down on yard management. 207th and Pitkin took care of their trains well, whether it was R32s, R38s, R40s or R42s. Jamaica Yard is a whole different story as they were very biased with their equipment. They gave R46s primary yard space and a majority of the 32s were laid up on the express tracks and never got a lot of attention, which is why the R32s MDBF is so low. And FTR, the only issues 32s gave were door indicator problems and nothing else. But with all the 32s at 207th Street now, their MDBF should improve significantly.

As for trains breaking down on us, that never happened but I was on a 46 (F) back in 2003 and the conductor announced at Lexington and 63rd that the train was in an unsafe condition and had to be taken OOS. At Broadway Junction, smoke emitted from under an R44 (A) and the train was held in the station for the time I was waiting for a (C) train to come in. By the time I left the train was still in the station.

You should've seen how badly people were bashing the R42 when an earlier slate stated that they were going to go before the R32. The funniest part was that everyone agreed on the fact that couldn't last another 2 months due to both structural and technical problems. And then when someone highlighted the R44 problem, everyone started saying how "perfect" the R42 were and that they would stay for at least 5 more years. As far as the contradictions go, you can clearly see what the bashers want.

Because 99.999% of "railfans" are lemming idiot morons who just regurgitate what other people tell them and make up stories to fill in the blanks that they weren't told.

Archived