Subway Update Summer edition

R32 3838

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could Jamaica Yard hate something that they've never had?

Some yards are very biased when it comes to what equipment they have. When Westchester Yard had the R62As and the Westinghouse R29s they treated the R62As well but the R29s they didn't give a hoot about. They ran them into the ground!

They probably don't want to change the rollsigns on the Late night & weekend (Q) Trains to/from 57 St/7 Av. I mean it is only 2 scrolls away from 57 St:

Astoria-Ditmars Blvd

Queensboro Plaza

Midtown-57 St/7 Av

And the (Q) is 2 scrolls away from the (N):

(N)<-><Q><->(Q)

I hope the (Q) continues on what it has now; Half Hippo / Half NTT, Or hippo all the way! :P

I think the (N) and the (Q) should both be mixes of 68s and 160s, especially if they're both terminating at Ditmars/Astoria.

Some yards are very biased when it comes to what equipment they have. When Westchester Yard had the R62As and the Westinghouse R29s they treated the R62As well but the R29s they didn't give a hoot about. They ran them into the ground!

I remember that well. I rode the (6) frequently while in high school and during the summers between grades. Their R62As looked and ran great, but the R29s felt like they needed to be put out to pasture. But I can only wonder what Westchester Yard will do if they get their 62As back and have to send their R142As to the (7). Will they still treat them well, as if they never left? Or will they run them into the ground like they did with the 29s because they're older cars now?

Correct me if i am wrong anybody, but i heard that all the R44s will be gone from the system by this coming September.

The R44 cars might be gone by the end of June.Pitkin will be getting more R46 cars next weekend.

The R44 cars might be gone by the end of June.Pitkin will be getting more R46 cars next weekend.

If and when that happens I hope that knocks off the 32's from the (A) they need to go to a part time line b\c of their age and the (:P & (W) are perfect candidates!!

I really hope the (Q) keeps its 68s/68A's

Yes!!

I admit, seeing the yellow (Q) infront the train looks cool...

LET THE (Q) be R160s, they betta than the old R68s

No!

The new trains are so boring. They just seem cramped and have no window seats. Those automated messages get a little annoying after awhile..

I've been on some crowded (Q) trains coming home, so I do like the idea of that line getting all the R160s. It's not 'fun' when having to stand b/w the forward facing seats. The (N) has been boring with like 90-95% R160s. Plus the brighton line will still have R68s on the (:P.

Also they really need to do something about the (G). Jamaica yard should just give that up to CI yard and let go of more R46s.

The (N) is (will be) a boring long ride. I prefer the (awesome) R68a on an express route.

I just assume there would be more room/space on an "older" train. The new ones seem to get crowded faster and just seem more cramped overall.

When because I haven't seen an R68/A on (N) since the R160 invasion.

I saw one about a few weeks ago on the (N) on the Manhattan Bridge. Yes there are many R160's on the (N), but it is very rare the find an R68/A on the line just how the R160s almost dominated the (F), but there are still R46's roaming around on it.

It also depends on what station you look for it.

Archived