Taking Pictures in the Subways and Buses

Railfaner100

That's a bad f***ing attitude. When you sue the city, or the MTA you are suing the taxpayers.

You are suing yourself, your family, and everyone you know.

How about having common sense, carry the bulletins, explain what you know, and if the guy still has problems request his badge or pass number and file a formal complaint. Be cordial and you will be fine. Cop an attitude and you'll be the one with the Bronx party hat.

Im saying that you can sue for wrongful arrest but Im not saying I would. I would like them to get a major infraction if Im arrested for railfanning. I do carry the orders with me. Yes I do know that it costs the taxpayers money when someone sues the city. I was just stating a fact. It's not like Im looking to get arrested for railfanning so I can sue although I admit my original post made it look that way. and it is true that some cops are a**holes for harrassing and threatening railfans.

Okay, if taking pics and videos is totally legel in the system, so how came these undercover cops keep on bullying me and harrasing me by saying there going to give a fine and arrest me?:mad:

Maybe you scare them.. Maybe you look like a terrorist?

Or they choose him to pick on cuz he's a wimp.

I've never heard of cops baiting on random people due to size or any sort of deficiencies if they're doing something "wrong" but I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Next time a cop starts harrassing you for photography start screaming at the top of your lungs RAPE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE! RAPE! HE TOUCHED ME!

LOL! That shit would be funny to see!

I've noticed that some people just naturally attract attention. Perhaps you should stop acting so perpy?

The only time I was ever "told" not to take a photo was some transit cop in the Union Square IRT station...he merely clapped his hands and shook his head "no". Instead of being a d-bag liberal and arguing with the guy, I just went to the Broadway BMT platform. Needless to say, I didn't get cuffed that night.

Next time a cop starts harrassing you for photography start screaming at the top of your lungs RAPE! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE! RAPE! HE TOUCHED ME!

LOL

All of you guys better stop making fun of me and act more serious alright. I am here to get help from you guys, not to be judge and discriminated like a mother flower low class *******, okay.:mad:

You do realize that typing out expletives that come out in asterisks aren't going to help you out any further and will reduce our chances of taken you seriously at all, right?

Not to be rude but if you're going to bleat out random shit like that as if you have tourette's syndrome then don't bother posting. In addition, don't advertise your problems with cops or transit workers here as a majority REALLY don't care about other's problems. Sad to say, we don't. As well as others stealing your MetroCard as if we can get it back from the thief who took in the first place. And next time you have a problem with either cop/TA worker, report it to the MTA or go to a precinct, either which, pick your poison.

Thank you and have a good day,

You do realize that typing out expletives that come out in asterisks aren't going to help you out any further and will reduce our chances of taken you seriously at all, right?

Not to be rude but if you're going to bleat out random shit like that as if you have tourette's syndrome then don't bother posting. In addition, don't advertise your problems with cops or transit workers here as a majority REALLY don't care about other's problems. Sad to say, we don't. As well as others stealing your MetroCard as if we can get it back from the thief who took in the first place. And next time you have a problem with either cop/TA worker, report it to the MTA or go to a precinct, either which, pick your poison.

Thank you and have a good day,

Why are all you guys so mean and rude to me anyways? All i asked was for help, not be joked around with and made fun of.:cry:

Why are all you guys so mean and rude to me anyways? All i asked was for help, not be joked around with and made fun of.:cry:

Here's the bottom line.. Some police officers are not awar of the rules on photography in the subways. Politely tell them your hobby is taking pics of trains and buses and if they give you a hard time just listen to what they have to say and move on. Go to another station, go at a different time ect ect. Why dig yourself a hole you cannot come out of? Next thing you know you have a huge summonse and have to appear in court witch is not fun. Just yes them to death and it would be over. The subways arent going to close up anytime soon so there are other days to get your pics. Thank you.

The reason why i take shit too serious is because i get abused alot by other peole and i never learned how to take a joke before in my life.:cry:

Welcome to the real world.

What do you mean by that? Are still joking around or are you being serious this time?:confused:

I'm being serious. You're making stress accumulate to a point that it's unwarranted and unneeded. Just forget about the cop incident and go about your day.

I'm being serious. You're making stress accumulate to a point that it's unwarranted and unneeded. Just forget about the cop incident and go about your day.

I am not causing any stress or problems, is that i hate when bad things and incidents always happening to me.B)

I am not causing any stress or problems, is that i hate when bad things and incidents always happening to me.B)

Don't stress it...there are much better things to think about than this. Just know that you were right and he was wrong and forget about it. Thats all you need to do.

Don't stress it...there are much better things to think about than this. Just know that you were right and he was wrong and forget about it. Thats all you need to do.

So the whole point is that some cops can be jerks and a**holes and are sometimes not aware of the rules of photography in the subway.B)

Im saying that you can sue for wrongful arrest but Im not saying I would. I would like them to get a major infraction if Im arrested for railfanning. I do carry the orders with me. Yes I do know that it costs the taxpayers money when someone sues the city. I was just stating a fact. It's not like Im looking to get arrested for railfanning so I can sue although I admit my original post made it look that way. and it is true that some cops are a**holes for harrassing and threatening railfans.

That is wishful thinking and it's not going to stop. Literally the ONLY solution is to be educated about the rules, carry them with you, and to be respectful of the officer questioning you while politely explaining that what you are doing is legal and that you have the documents to prove it, and that if he doesn't believe you, you would happily wait with him while he proved out the authenticity of the materials you showed him.

Otherwise, you're just asking for trouble. And I love how easily people say sue. You do realize it costs money to retain a lawyer, right? Like, more than $1,000 typically. I'd find it hard to believe that some who don't even have $30-$45 for a nostalgia train would suddenly find $1,000 just so they can try and win $30,000.

Archived