MTA.. What a Joke

jmazz77

MTA New York City Bus is under the Transport Workers Union while MTA Bus is under the Amalgamated transit union iirc

Not necessarily, as Castleton and Yukon are ATU as well.

Not necessarily, as Castleton and Yukon are ATU as well.

Casey Stengel, Jamaica, and Queens Village Bus depots in Queens are under ATU too. That being said, Queens and Staten Island bus depots are under Amalgamated Transit Union.

Casey Stengel, Jamaica, and Queens Village Bus depots in Queens are under ATU too. That being said, Queens and Staten Island bus depots are under Amalgamated Transit Union.

Right, but in Queens LGA,CP,Baisley Park are TWU....that having been said consolidation of bus divisions is going to take a long time. The issue of blended in seniority is a huge one.

I believe the TA and Private Lines aren't uniting due to union issues, the MTA Bus and NYCT Bus are under two different unions, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)

Some depots are ATU, and some are TWU. However, as things are almost identical, this really doesn't matter. The reason why MTAB and NYCT are two separate entities is because the two divisions have different contracts. Therefor the only thing they share are Surface Transit operations. By that I mean they share equipment, dispatch, and are both headquartered out of the East New York Depot (including LIB). When the contracts expire, they will most likely merge NYCTA, MaBSTOA, and MTA Bus. I'm not too sure when or where Long Island Bus will come in to play yet.

25 B/O's from Casey Stengel are being laid off, seems like MTA Bus is the least affected from the 3 bus divisions. I wonder how many will get laid off in July to close the budget gap....

JMazz, the last TA bus exam(8006) was on April/08,then came the economic crisis later on in the year,followed by hiring freezes from the MTA. I think it's a safe bet that most of us on the 8006 list are angry from everything that has been going on. You can blame Roger for being laid off, he gave back the no layoff clause a few years ago,something that the union will NEVER EVER get back. Givebacks are forever.

I met (2) Bus ops that came from KingsBridge today and thay was not to happy

That explains why some buses were running during the strike of 2005...only the TWU struck and not ATU.

That explains why some buses were running during the strike of 2005...only the TWU struck and not ATU.

Amalgamated Transit Union Local 726 (Staten Island, Yukon/Castleton) and Local 1056 (Queens, Jamaica/Queens Village/Casey Stengel) also participated in the strike too from what I remembered too. I believe only the private bus lines in Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx still ran their bus services.

All of the MTA depot's participated in the strike, as well as all of the private lines. Green Lines, Jamaica Buses, and Triboro were not part of the MTA yet, and they also participated. Especially Triboro! Some buse however were still running. But not many at all.

Amalgamated Transit Union Local 726 (Staten Island, Yukon/Castleton) and Local 1056 (Queens, Jamaica/Queens Village/Casey Stengel) also participated in the strike too from what I remembered too. I believe only the private bus lines in Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx still ran their bus services.

TWU: MaBSTOA, TA Brooklyn, Yonkers, Eastchester, La Guardia, College Point, Baisley Park

ATU: All the rest of the depots.

25 B/O's from Casey Stengel are being laid off, seems like MTA Bus is the least affected from the 3 bus divisions. I wonder how many will get laid off in July to close the budget gap....

Oh really???? Who told you 2 days ago that Stengel is losing 25 b/o's?

All of the MTA depot's participated in the strike, as well as all of the private lines. Green Lines, Jamaica Buses, and Triboro were not part of the MTA yet, and they also participated. Especially Triboro! Some buse however were still running. But not many at all.

TWU: MaBSTOA, TA Brooklyn, Yonkers, Eastchester, La Guardia, College Point, Baisley Park

ATU: All the rest of the depots.

Thank you for the clarification:cool::tup:. I highly appreciate it.

I read about it on a queens forum from a very reliable source.

This retired B/O has a son(30 yrs with NYCT) who works at CS,so yeah his son would definitely know. Are you one of those 25 or not?

CS got hammered with service cuts.

From Astorians.com....the thread titled QM22 Express Bus announcement.

"Unfortunately as much as I am grateful that the QM22 bus got saved I am not that grateful that not one of the twenty five B/O jobs at the Casey Stengel Depot where one of my sons work was saved. I wonder how many guys were laid off at the LaGuardia Depot because of this, or did they just simply reshuffle the runs."

We handed in our ID's and badges today. Bastards had the nerve to offer us a job that paid 12.85/hr- umm we would get more from the unemployment. Meeting had to be canceled early because way too many people got pissed off and started lashing out and the PD decided to let everyone go before things went south! Oh well...hello unemployment train!

We handed in our ID's and badges today. Bastards had the nerve to offer us a job that paid 12.85/hr- umm we would get more from the unemployment. Meeting had to be canceled early because way too many people got pissed off and started lashing out and the PD decided to let everyone go before things went south! Oh well...hello unemployment train!
What was the position which they offered for 12.85 an hour

I know they weren't some of my other colleagues went to JFK don't know where the others went

I have to Revise this ,15 peeps today came from West Farms and Kingsbridge

I was chatting with one guy and He tells me our buddy (W)alder is lucky he has Bodyguards and I told him ,I hear ya

Damn that sux man, keep ya head up. People have mentioned before the TSA is hiring. I signed up for an exam on the 15. I don't trust transit with this supposed bill. I also recently took the school safety agents exam. I hope you managed to save a substantial amount of money to tide you over while on unemployment.

I read about it on a queens forum from a very reliable source.

This retired B/O has a son(30 yrs with NYCT) who works at CS,so yeah his son would definitely know. Are you one of those 25 or not?

CS got hammered with service cuts.

Good for him cause he knows as much as you.... we lost 3 B/O's and had 8 replace 8 more because of date of hire and test score so in reality we lost 3 not 25.

Archived