L train

Abba

Posted: 07/01/2010 6:47PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a smoke condition at the Wilson Avenue Station, there is no (L) train service in both directions from the Broadway-Junction Station to the Myrtle Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (L) trains at this time.

Anyone caught in this mess?

From twitter:

Tweeps: service suspension on L expected to last thru night, could impact Friday morning rush. Stay tuned, monitor http://www.mta.info #ServAdv

Wasn't caught in it but I sure as heck saw a bunch of smoke to the southeast, while I was riding the (M) home last evening. I took a couple of pictures with my cell. Not great pics, no, but maybe they give you an idea. Whatever it was it was scary impressive. There were heliocopters all around. Anyone know what happened?

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1139

picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1138

Update from 5 AM:

Posted: 07/02/2010 5:22AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to an ongoing smoke condition at the Wilson Avenue Station:

(L) train service is bypassing the Bushwick Avenue-Aberdeen Street Station in both directions.

Please expect delays in train service at this time.

That's better than no service. I saw the fire from the (3) last night. Hope no one is hurt.

Smelled like that last night as far as Myrtle-Wyckoff. (Didn't smell it at all Thurs, as the wind wasn't blowing it that way. I too first saw it that day, from the bridge).

Right now, here at BWJ, smelling the aftermath of it (that wet burned smell) when the wind comes from that way.

Now, having seen what it actually was, it was right near the (L) portal, and an entire steel beam reinforced wall is bucked, with most of the concrete gone.

Archived