Impact of Service Reductions

checkmatechamp13

Since it has been almost 3 weeks since the MTA implemented the service reductions, and much of the confusion has settled, what is the impact of the service reductions for NYCT and MTA Bus?

How has the crowding and frequency been on routes that have had nearby routes eliminated (for example, how has crowding on the (B36) been as a result of cutting the (B4) back off-peak) and what is the change in ridership for routes that have been partially cut (for example, the (B48) and (B64))?

I know, but I wanted this to be a thread regarding the service cuts. I've seen a decent amount of material regarding specific service cuts mixed into other threads and felt that it warranted its own thread.

A lot of people have discussed the theoretical impact of the cuts before they were implemented. This is a place to discuss how they actually turned out.

^^ beat me to it.

I was just about to say that, even though CC's intent is noble, Shortline (although idc for the fact that he's splitting em up by borough) already beat him to it...

...and R32, CC wasn't asking about how people felt about the cuts... he's asking about the impact of the cuts.... there's a difference....

I started this thread because when I first saw the thread about the Brooklyn buses, I thought it was about the bus stops not being updated (some of the comments were about bus bays that weren't being occupied and bus stops that weren't updated). I didn't realize ShortLine Bus was going to make a thread about each borough. I guess it is better for organizational purposes to do it by borough.

If this thread is going to be redundant with ShortLine Bus' threads, then it can be closed.

I started this thread because when I first saw the thread about the Brooklyn buses, I thought it was about the bus stops not being updated (some of the comments were about bus bays that weren't being occupied and bus stops that weren't updated). I didn't realize ShortLine Bus was going to make a thread about each borough. I guess it is better for organizational purposes to do it by borough.

If this thread is going to be redundant with ShortLine Bus' threads, then it can be closed.

Will do.

Archived