Edgewater Plaza Depot

I heard years ago there was an MTA bus depot/garage at Edgewater Plaza on the SI waterfront. I was told it closed in 1986. Does anyone remember Edgewater & were you ever there?

I heard a bus actually fell through the wood there & sank below to the bottom of the bay. I don't know how true that is, but Edgwater was certainly convenient for buses starting from St. George.

Is the Edgewater Depot avatar referring to SI's now gone bus depot or a different Edgewater?

Edgewater Depot was located on Edgewater Abenue in Staten Island...just google the street name. In addition, a part of the depot did fall into the water, taking an RTS and a Fishbowl along with it because it was located on a pier. This is the same reason why Hudson Depot closed down in 2003 because it was in danger of falling into the Hudson River. And yes, the depot sticker you've seen (it's on TTMG's website) was the sticker used for Edgewater.

Edgewater Depot was located on Edgewater Abenue in Staten Island...just google the street name. In addition, a part of the depot did fall into the water, taking an RTS and a Fishbowl along with it because it was located on a pier. This is the same reason why Hudson Depot closed down in 2003 because it was in danger of falling into the Hudson River. And yes, the depot sticker you've seen (it's on TTMG's website) was the sticker used for Edgewater.

:cool::tup:

Imagine what storms like the March 13th Coastal Storm of this year would've done to Edgewater Depot? Treacherous 7 foot choppy rough waves slamming & pounding the pier. One after another after another.

And that's not counting the probable power outage to boot.

What routes were based out of that depot? I'm guessing the S51, S52, S74, S76, S78 and X18.

I also question why they built it on a pier. There is a lot of industrial land in that area, along Edgewater Street and Front Street. They could've built it there.

Yeah. A pier? Great for ferry routes & water taxis. Bus depots?

I'd guess all those buses you mentioned were based there plus others as well(?). Maybe some 53s? Or 7s if it was still the 7 back then.

Did they retrive the buses. Also, numbers?

They should try to develop the land around the abandoned Sea View Hospital and use that.

Maybe someone should try to dive and look at the buses underwater... probably like some Titanic shit or something now.

Reminds me of old subway cars dumped offshore to become reefs.

Edgewater's sunken buses & equipment no doubt hotels now for horseshoe crabs, bluefish, fluke & sharks.

Speaking of depots, Charleston should be opening any day now.

Read this thread: http://forum.bustalk.info/viewtopic.php?p=6984&sid=4552004e653d704df393c0cb01520815

and this: http://talk.nycsubway.org/perl/read?bustalk=32826

Yeah an RTS fell off of Edgewater, right???? Maybe, all it takes a minute to search on Google for answers on the first link to find some creditable answers instead of guessing; second link takes forever to find answers over the old bustalk, geez.

Read this thread: http://forum.bustalk.info/viewtopic.php?p=6984&sid=4552004e653d704df393c0cb01520815

and this: http://talk.nycsubway.org/perl/read?bustalk=32826

Yeah an RTS fell off of Edgewater, right???? Maybe, all it takes a minute to search on Google for answers on the first link to find some creditable answers instead of guessing; second link takes forever to find answers over the old bustalk, geez.

And that's why we have members like you to inform us of these things. Right??? Thanks!! At least now we know there couldn't have been an RTS that fell in the water.

You brought back many memories. At least 1 bus, maybe 2 went into the drink and I believe they were from the WMATA fleet. That's why when the WMATA busses were returned the TA sent Flex 4000 and I believe an 8800. I personally saw 4000 in the WMATA paint scheme.

They should try to develop the land around the abandoned Sea View Hospital and use that.

Maybe someone should try to dive and look at the buses underwater... probably like some Titanic shit or something now.

NIMBYs wont allow to build a depot in that location.

Yeah. A pier? Great for ferry routes & water taxis. Bus depots?

Blame the city and the MTA back then.

Hudson Depot was shit til towards the end.

Edgewater was having problems on and off til it turns into storage lot.

And that's why we have members like you to inform us of these things. Right??? Thanks!! At least now we know there couldn't have been an RTS that fell in the water.

Yeah right????, this forum has problems with accurate information and it is really sad that certain members posting bs information thinking their right on. In case of this thread, they are way off.

You brought back many memories. At least 1 bus, maybe 2 went into the drink and I believe they were from the WMATA fleet. That's why when the WMATA busses were returned the TA sent Flex 4000 and I believe an 8800. I personally saw 4000 in the WMATA paint scheme.

You welcome, its too bad I wasnt there to see WMATAs running in the city in that era.

Following the links to the article from back then, it says they were getting barges ti fish them out.

So I imagine they just sent DC the replacements, and then scrapped the two they fished out.

Yeah right????, this forum has problems with accurate information and it is really sad that certain members posting bs information thinking their right on. In case of this thread, they are way off.

This forum doesn't have a problem with accurate information. This forum is made up of humans, just like every other forum on the net. People get things wrong sometime. But as long as you are here to save the day, then we are all good!:cool:

Archived