Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracknut

took the 4 today uptown

I took the 4 uptown today right around rush hour and what they say is true. Very over crowded and packed like sardines. This is the first time I see this for myself.

Yeah, it's really not unusual for that to happen on the uptown (4) in the late afternoon.

And the crowding is usually steady; no seats become vacant until the train reaches the Bronx.

I took the 4 uptown today right around rush hour and what they say is true. Very over crowded and packed like sardines. This is the first time I see this for myself.

That is the reason I will never get in the subway during rush hour. I always use the express bus.

Yes the # 4 Line like the # 6 Line is very crowded. I jams up in the BX because most people use the # 4 over the D train because it faster and less platform waits. Its seems like in Manhattan most take the # 4 over the # 5 because the # 4 goes to Brooklyn and the # 5 turns at Bowling Green. The #4 is also crowded in Brooklyn because it the only Express most of the time. I worked the # 4 as a C/R and thought it was worst then the # 6 Line because unlike the # 6 Line you can't get a break the crowd is non stop. The # 6 Line ridership dies down in the BX.

That is the reason I will never get in the subway during rush hour. I always use the express bus.

O.K. Rockefeller.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.