Broadway Station, South 4th Street transfer/passageway

bigrene18

• 3 months later...

These videos are usless now, the place has been sealed up.

It wasn't even useless when I posted the videos back in September of last year.

If you people even cared to watched these vids at the time I posted them, you wouldn't be calling them "useless".

It wasn't even useless when I posted the videos back in September of last year.

If you people even cared to watched these vids at the time I posted them, you wouldn't be calling them "useless".

That was then and this is now. Plus, you should have posted them in the existing thread on S4th St and other like topics that you had started. What is there to really say about them, they don't really show that much that people can't see for themselves and there is nothing to debate about them. Now at this time, they are no longer depict what is actually visible.

That was then and this is now.

Yeah that was then, when you should of had the chance to watched them at the time when I first posted those vids in the first place!

Plus, you should have posted them in the existing thread on S4th St and other like topics that you had started.

The thread on South 4th Street I started? You mean like this one: South 4th St Station (10 Full Sized Pics)? Well I didn't even started that thread.

What is there to really say about them, they don't really show that much that people can't see for themselves

So what??? You can see pictures of South 4th Street (and the transfer passage) here: HopeTunnel.org, and here:

South Fourth Street - The IND Second System

and there is nothing to debate about them.

South 4th Street was talked about many times on SubTalk/SubChat:

NYPD arrested 20 people "Underbelly Project"—abandoned station (S4 St)

Interesting Find

76th St Station

IND Second System full sized maps

posting

South 4th Street

Tunnel stubs

south 4th street SAS station

South 4th Street station shell

These videos are usless now, the place has been sealed up. No one but TA employees assigned to do instepections are going to get in there.

Why would they send employees to inspect an abandoned station?

Also, what has become of the Roosevelt Avenue second level that was intended for the Second System?

Why would they send employees to inspect an abandoned station?

Also, what has become of the Roosevelt Avenue second level that was intended for the Second System?

1. You don't want something to happen an the street or buildings upstairs to collapse into it.

2. They use it as a storage area.

heh heh second video is mine. Did you know now they walled up the door to the Northbound Transfer passage? the door is gone!

and they replaced the fence on the Southbound Passage.

mtattrain was with me on that trip. I guess the (MTA) finally figured out that people were breaking into the station and doing graffiti.

• 3 weeks later...
1. You don't want something to happen an the street or buildings upstairs to collapse into it.

2. They use it as a storage area.

1 question though: if they'd use it as a storage area, why did they brick it up now? Of did they make a door in the new brick wall to access the storage area?

Archived