Anyone watching the NYC Marathon?

R68 Subway Car

Yeah I went to central park with a couple of friends and we were just watching it a few hours ago(From 10:30-11:54). We would have stayed longer but it was as cold as my history teachers' vibe outside! So we just came back to my place and now were just hanging!:)

oh nah....

But I'm still trying to find a map (or any type of illustration/ text description) of the marathon routing...

I mean I know it starts on the SI side of the VZ, goes through brooklyn, then queens, then the bx, then manhattan, on down through central park...

then again, threy could've changed the route over the yrs..

oh nah....

But I'm still trying to find a map (or any type of illustration/ text description) of the marathon routing...

I mean I know it starts on the SI side of the VZ, goes through brooklyn, then queens, then the bx, then manhattan, on down through central park...

I saw parts of the Ch.4 broadcast of the event. The 'live' event was shown live here while at 2pm it was across the USA on the national NBC network(tape delay highlights show)

As far as the route i think it's basically the same as 1976 when it went to serve all 5 boros. Corect me guys if i am wrong.

VZ Bridge

4th Ave from 92nd-Atlantic, Ft Greene Place, Layafette, Bedford, Mcguniness Blvd Bridge, 21st St, Queensboro Bridge, 1st Ave, Willis Ave Bridge, 138th,

3rd Ave Bridge, 145th St, 5th Ave, Central Park South(59th St), into the Park and finish at the former Tavern on the Green.

oh nah....

Here is map of Marathon route.

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/course.htm

Archived